𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟓𝟐

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Anakin took a steadying, nervous breath as he and Obi-Wan headed towards the ship's hangar where Ahsoka would be arriving soon in her ship. His heart raced with both anxiety and excitement. This would be the first time he would see Ahsoka in two and a half years.

He glanced to Obi-Wan as he said, "It all makes sense now. If Ahsoka hadn't left the Order, then she wouldn't be where she needs to be. She wouldn't have fallen into contact with the Mandalorians and found Maul."

"That's one way to look at it," Obi-Wan remarked, a tinge of exhaustion in his voice.

Anakin frowned as he retorted, "It's the only way to look at it." Anakin studied his friend, noting his exhaustion in the dip of his mouth and in his dimmed, caramel colored eyes. "I would think you would be more excited about Maul's capture, Obi-Wan. He had evaded you multiple times now."

Obi-Wan glanced at Anakin with a small smile as he replied dryly, "I am cautiously optimistic, Anakin. Maul doesn't seem to like to stay dead. I would be very impressed if they manage to pull this off."

They entered the hangar in time to see a starship beginning to lower through the hangar's opened entrance in the ceiling. Artoo settled into place beside Anakin as he and Obi-Wan stopped thirty yards away from the magnetizing starship.

A moment later, the ship's ramp lowered to the ground, and Ahsoka, followed by Bo, began to walk down the plank. With a shrill of excitement and glee, Artoo burst forward to greet Ahsoka, and Anakin's former Padawan stooped down to pat Artoo's domed head.

Anakin hesitated, feeling uncertain and awkward. But then he felt ridiculous for feeling awkward-- this was Ahsoka, who he had known for years now-- so he began striding forward with sure steps. "Ahsoka," he greeted with a joyous smile. "I am so glad--"

Ahsoka held up a hand and interrupted coolly, "Things are moving too quickly, Anakin. We don't have time to chat," before brushing past him without another glance. Anakin blinked in surprise as he stood there, too stunned to turn around towards Ahsoka, who was now approaching where Obi-Wan stood, waiting.

Bo gave Anakin a sideways look as she passed him, and she said over her shoulder, "Like I said earlier every minute we waste here is another minute Maul can slip away."

"We understand," Obi-Wan replied evenly from a few yards behind Anakin.

Anakin stood there, brow furrowed as hurt stung him at Ahsoka's apparent indifference. She was being so... cold. Was she not happy to see him again? Was she not as happy to see him as he was to see her? Was she still angry with him about the events that had transpired that had led her to leave the Order all those years ago?

Was it him?

Anakin turned and hurriedly followed after Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and the unnerving Mandalorian as they exited the hangar. Artoo glided happily at his side, and Anakin glanced down at the astromech with a sour look. Ahsoka had paid Artoo more attention than she had to him, and Anakin was an actual person who could talk with words.

They entered the ship's empty war room and spread out around the holoprojector in the center of the circular room as Ahsoka began to explain, "I was able to obtain a few transmission codes from the Pykes on Oba Diah to pinpoint Maul's recent locations--"

"What were you doing in Oba Diah with the Pykes?" Anakin interrupted in bewilderment. The Pykes were ruthless spice lords. If anyone crossed the Pykes the wrong way, their death was instantly sealed. And here Ahsoka was affiliating with them--