CHAPTER 4 - Spoonful Of Hell

Lorenzo

"I'm fine, Dad. I can take care of myself. You don't have to worry."

My father, Jefferson Lorenzo calling straight from San Francisco. He's with my mom, Lily Lorenzo and my brother, Andrian. Four months na sila hindi umuuwi ng Pilipinas. I'm starting to think that they're planning to stay there for good. Although naging norm na nila mag pabalik-balik sa ibang bansa, this is actually the first time na umabot sila ng ganoon katagal and also the first time na sinama nila ang kapatid ko. I got tired of asking for them to come home. I've been doing that since I can remember. Nasanay na lang ako na lagi silang wala. I understand that they have to start training Andrei for when he takes over the main company in Frisco but at least, take me along. I feel so left behind. 

Four months na ganito lang ang interaction ko with my family. Kahit naman hindi nila ako nakakalimutan tawagan everyday, iba pa rin yung nakakasabay ko sila kahit mag dinner lang. Oh well. Kahit naman nandito sila sa Pilipinas lagi pa din silang wala. "Alright, sweetheart. It's just that you're not returning our calls. Your mom and I are starting to worry." I rolled my eyes with what my father just said. If you were so worried why won't you just come home already.  

Don't be fooled. He may seem like a typical father worried for his daughter but it's not just that. He's very, and as in very, strict. He's actually monitoring my academic standing even when he is outside the country. The smallest mistakes are being reported by his staffs in the University.  Mom is the one who is a bit lenient between the two of them but she doesn't have as much authority in the family. Patriarchal.

Don't take me wrong, I love them both. They're good people. They gave me everything. It's just that, I cannot remember anymore the last time we were together for long. They're always in a hurry. Holidays and special occasions were never an exemptions. I grew up not having them in the dinner table and nothing ever changes. I just miss them both.

"I'm just busy with school and Dad, please stop calling Lauren instead. She's been giving me an earful."

Lauren Divinagracia, one of my cousin on my mother's side of the family and the one I actually fear the most has been lecturing me about time management ever since she found out I'm not returning my parents' calls. I guess she misunderstood. Ang linaw linaw kong sinabi na busy ako sa school kaya hindi ako maka tawag. Actually, mas nag worry pa ako na baka bumisita siya dito sa bahay kapag kinulit pa siya ng kinulit ni Dad. Dapat nga hindi pa ako mag initiate ng call kung hindi niya lang sinabi na bored siya. Boredom doesn't mix well with Lauren. Pag didiskitahan niya na naman niya ako at yung isa pa naming pinsan.

"I'm sorry, Dad but I have to go.  I'm running late. Tell Mom I miss her." and with that I hung up my phone and prepare myself for school. Totoo naman busy ako eh. I haven't even finished exacting my revenge yet.

I've been giving that shortie a spoonful of hell every single day, for a week now, ever since that-which-must-not-be-remembered happened. Actually, screw that. Who am I kidding anyway. Hindi ko yun mapapalampas. Inis na inis pa din ako sa nangyari noong araw na yun. Ako dapat ang gaganti sa kaniya pero nabaligtad.

She had the audacity to interrupt my speech. 

She gave me the attitude. 

She pushed me 

and stole my first kiss! 

Yes, my first kiss!