IV: With Her

[Yuri's POV]

"I cant believe we had to go overtime today" Goeun said as the final customer left.

"I dont mind, as long as Ms. Jung pays us" We started cleaning the tables and fixing the chairs. We closed the lights and changed into our casual clothes as Goeun and I left the restaurant.

"Are you busy tonight? Let's go eat" I shaked my head. As much as I want to ... I cant. Yena's waiting for me at home and I also dont have any money for that.

"Aigoooo ... come on~ my treat!" I gave her a smile. "I cant, maybe some other time. It's almost 11, someone's waiting for me"

"Ohhhhhhh~ you didn't tell me that you had a boyfriend. I thought the only thing you thought of is work" she said as she pulled my arm. "I dont"

I may not have a boyfriend but I do have a special someone waiting for me.

She stopped tugging my arm. "What do you mean you dont? Then who's waiting for you?" She thinks i'm making an excuse just to avoid eating with her.

"My ..." Well ... I dont know what relationship we have. Friend? Sister? Were family but ... ahhhh I dont know!

"Your ...? I dont believe you" ahhh why is she being so nosy. She's just a colleague at the restaurant, my other colleagues dont even talk to me.

"Then don't" I walked faster then her and straight to our flat. I know she's still following me. How annoying! I turned around as she pretended to look at the flowers.

I continued walking until I got to our flat. But ... this girl is still behind me.

"Woah, you live here? My house is just around the corner. We could go to the resto together" I shaked my head as I tried to ignore her. I went up the stairs and took my keys.

"So ... do you have food inside? I'm really hungry" when did I get involved with someone like this?

"Ummm ... excuse me but who are you?" I turned to see Yena, she opened the door. She mustve heard us from the inside.

Goeun suddenly placed her arm around my shoulder. "Would you believe me if I said that i'm her girlfriend?" Yena shaked her head. "No" I removed her arm from my shoulder.

"oh! Then would you believe me if I say that i'm a police and i'm here to check if your food is still good to eat?" Yena shaked her head again. "No"

They were having some weird staring contest. I totally ignored them and entered the room.

Looks like Yena cleaned the floor. She already layed the sleeping mats, pillows and blankets. It's good that she's learning to take care of the flat when she's alone.

"Oh Yuri you like it? I did it myself" I nodded as I rested on one of the mats. Yena layed next to me as she hugged me. "Yul I missed you. And I did something wrong today ..."

Goeun suddenly came with a bowl of ramen in her hand. "Ohhhh, so this is the 'someone' who's waiting for you" Yena stood up and took the bowl from her hand. And placed it back to the table.

"Yah! I left this in case Yuri's hungry. How dare you eat it yo-" I stood up and pulled Yena away from Goeun.

She looked at me as if she was a beaten puppy. While the other one kept on eating the ramen which annoyed Yena. "But ... she ate ..."

"I know, it's okay. Let her eat, she's also tired just like me" she kept on looking sorry. "But ... I prepared it for you"

"I know, thank you" she gave up then went to ait at the sleeping mat. I went to Goeun and slapped her arm.

"What?!" She continued eating "I was hungry, I didnt know that she'll get mad at something like this" She continued eating as we stared at sulking Yena.

"When you said someone was waiting for you, I didnt expect A BIG BABY!!!" She she obviously shouted it for Yena to hear. "Dont say that, she's still having a hard time"

"Well ... you should've told me that you're raising a child. No wonder you have three jobs, it must be really hard for you. Now I get it why you're okay with overtime. It's because there's a BABY waiting for you" I was about to tell Goeun to stop but Yena punched her.

Her whole body was now shaking. She didnt know what to do, I held her by the shoulders and told her to sit at the corner while I talk to my friend.

I pulled her outside and closed the door. "I'm sorry, I deserved that. I shouldnt have kept on teasing her" well, at least she knows her mistakes.

"Tell her that I'm sorry. I'll bring her ramen tomorrow so she wont be mad" she said as she left. I went back to our room and saw Yena curled up in the corner.

I went and sat down infront of her. "Yuri ..." I pat her back.

Sometimes I cant understand her. Yena seems to be so mature at times but when the time comes. She suddenly acts like a child. Is it because I always take charge?

"I did two things wrong today" she always comes to me and tells me things she's done wrong. Well ... actually, she tells me everything. All her thoughts, her crazy ideas and even when she almost remembers something. "what?"

"Promise me you wont get mad" here we go again. "I wont"

"No, you have to promise me first" I sighed. "Okay, I promise"

"Ok" she took a deep breath before speaking again. "First, I punched your friend and I'm sorry"

"It's okay. She wanted to say sorry for teasing you, and she might be bringing you ramen tomorrow" I saw her smile but it quickly turned into a frown again.

"Second one is ... I didn't go straight home. We went to the park and she treated me hotdogs. I'm sorry" uhhhhh ... i'm not sure how to react. I'm not even mad.

Maybe all this is happening because I made her too dependent on me.

"It's fine. I'm not your mom, you can do anything you want. I dont want you to be so dependent on me anymore. You're old enough to make your own choices. Just dont do anything dangerous and you should come home before 11" she suddenly smiled. I just gave her a light pat on the back.

We went to the sleeping mats and covered ourselves with a blanket. I closed my eyes and prepared myself to sleep.

"Yuri~" I turned to the side and slowly opened my eyes.

"Can you tell me a secret before you sleep?" I'm confused on why's she suddenly asking but since it's Yena, I cant hide anything from her.

"Well ... I'm afraid" she stared at me for a moment. "Afraid of what?"

"Afraid of getting my memories back" she looked at me. She didnt say anything which was a hint that I should continue. "I'm afraid that, I might get them back and remember why I tried to commit suicide that day. I'm scared ... I mean, why did I run away and try to kill myself? Did something happen to me before that? Whatever the answer is ... i'm afraid to know" she held my hand.

"I'm also afraid. I'm afraid that when we both get our memories back we might forget about each other. I'm afraid that when I get them back I wont be happy anymore. Just like you, I also question myself about those things. I'm still confused on why havent I remember anything. I want to know my past but i'm afraid to know that I'm a different person than I am now.

But Yuri ... when i'm with you I dont think any of that. You saved me that day even when you had no idea of who I am. You managed to survive jumping off a bridge  and saving me. Yes, i'm afraid but ... I realized that I shouldn't.

There's a reason why both of us survived. We have a new life now. I mean even if we remember, that doesnt mean that we have to go back ... right? We might have a hard time now but I bet we're happier than before.

We both tried to kill ourselves. But now ... even with this hard life, the thought doesnt cross my mind anymore.

So why would we be afraid? It's all in the past" she said as she let go of my hand. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "You had a hard day, you should get some rest"

"Yeah, good night" I turned to the other side and closed my eyes to sleep.