LIV: The funeral

[Yena's POV]

How did we even end up like this? Is this all just because of me?

If Yujin didnt meet me would she have died that day. If Yuri never saved me would she still be that complicated. Would Chaewon be the person that she is now? What would've happened if I just died that day?

Would their problems all go away? I just wish that it would. What if-

"Yena unnie, which car are we using?" Chaewon said as she went to me. Right, I was so into my thoughts that I forgot about the funeral. "My car, i'll drive"

She shaked her head and took the keys from my hands. "I'll drive" and then she went to the drivers seat. I sat next to her and just sighed.

"It's still weird, dont you think?" She's trying to lighten up the mood. Both of us are scared of going.

I blame myself for the accident while she blames herself for the operation. We're both grieving in our own way. She's just better at hiding it.

"We dont have to go, if you dont want to" I said as she still focused on driving pretending to not hear me. "We can go when it ends"

"That wouldnt make us good friends, wouldnt it?" She giggled as I just smiled at her. "Good point"

"We have to be there for her ... until the end" I nodded and silenced myself. I cant imagine this scenario of going to a friend's funeral. I always imagined how they would act in mine.

We arrived at the place as we sat with our other friends. There were a lot of people and i'm not even surprised. Most people here are probably friends of her parents. I bet they didnt even know Yujin's existence before this.

There were only a few familiar faces. Our friends, her family and Wonyoung plus her friends. I think the others are her friends from school. But i'm not really sure.

"Yena unnie, what are you doing?" Tomi said as I quickly faced at her. "Nothing" She shaked her head and gave me a smile.

"You're staring at almost everybody. It's like you're looking for something" I'm looking at people, is that weird. I just wonder what their role in Yujin's life was.

"Or maybe someone" here we go again. I just shaked my head and looked elsewhere. "She already came" I nodded and pretended to not care.

They were about to say something but someone came to the front which stole our attention. Yujin's parents talked about their daughter (obviously). They said a few words about her and even showed a video of her throughout the years. Her parents really love her, they were always there when she needed them.

I cried a little after hearing their speech and watching the video about my dear friend. Yujin ... she was loved. The world made a mistake of taking her away.

Then it was time for a few adults to say their prepared speeches. It was all the same ...

"She was such a good girl"

"Yujin will be greatly missed"

"She's in a better place now"

It all makes sense since other people just come here to comfort the family. It was like they had a script on what to say.

Next up was her friends, I dont want to speak in front since i'm not sure if i'm worthy of doing that. A few people came up to speak first. They were friends from school and a few people that I havent met before. They all said good things and how they were sad she was gone.

I wonder what my funeral would be. Would people even go? I think my parents would invite their friends that I have never seen before. Then my classmates from elementary to high school would probably go. They ostracized me and we were never close, so I wonder what they would even say. My friends would say a lot of stuff but i'm not sure what. I hope what they say would be the truth and not just what people wanted to hear.