IX: Gifts

"I dont want to do the job" I went to Goeun and asked her. "But ... Yuri said you'll do it. And I already said to the manager that you'll work there"

"Dont tell Yuri anything. Tell her that I took the job. And i'll talk to the manager about me quitting" she looked worried but she promised not to tell Yuri anything.

"What plans do you have now?" I gave her a look then smiled at her. "Big plans. Everything will be fine, dont worry about me"

"I'm more worried of my friend. She'll freak out when she finds out" We both laughed. I could imagine her face freaking out AHAHAH. But I know she'll be proud of me.

//////////

"Uhhhh hey" I waved at the new cafe manager. "Are you the new employee?"

"I was supposed to be. But I cant work here" she gave a worried look. "But ... we need someone to work at the counter. You cant just quit before starting the job!"

"Then may I talk to your Manager?" She looked at me questioning. "I am the manager"

"Then how about the owner?" She sighed and pulled up her phone. She talked with the owner for at least ten minutes. "What's your name again?"

"Yena. Choi Yena" she kept on nodding as she recieved the call. Then after a few more minutes she ended it.

"Ok, you can leave. But may I have your number?" Number ... but I promised Ms. Kim that I wont. Plus she's a total stranger. "No. I dont have a phone"

"Oh ... wait please" then she called her boss again. I dont know why they still want to contact me but this seems strange. "Then ... would you like me to buy you a phone?"

Why do people keep asking me if they could buy me a phone!? Is everyone like this? I heard crazy things from Juri but this is super crazy.

"No thanks" she went back to her phone. Uhhhhh ... should I leave? I took a step to leave but she told me not to go. "then address?"

"I cant tell you that. Our house is not actually ours. We're living there thanks to a friend" were actually living in a room owned by a nurse we met at the hospital. It was her vacation house but since were still strangers she let us live in a room. She then called her boss again.

"Then would you like me to buy you a house? No no ... we can ask someone to build you one. But it would take more time is that okay?"

"WHAT!? No whatever weirdo. I'm leaving" I ran as I left the place.

Who is she? We just met and she asked me if I wanted a house or a phone. Same goes to Ms. Kim. Maybe I have this aura or smth that makes people give me stuff. Maybe that's why Yuri is working and saving money for me.

//////////

"Yuri? I dont have a unicorn. And I've always wanted my very own rainbow" she looked at me with a weird look on her face. She then touched my forehead. "You're not sick right? Did you drink?"

"So ... you wont save up money to buy me one?" She ignored me and went back to folding our laundry. "Yuri~ ... Joyul~ Answer me"

"No. Even if I had money I couldn't possibly give you those" uhhhhh ... How about something realistic. "Then would you buy me a phone? All my friends from work have one"

"No. We dont have money for that" Maybe its because of our money. "Then if you had money would you buy me?"

"No. If I have the money, i'll save it to buy us our very own house" house ... house ... house. Maybe I shouldve accepted the weird managers offer. Yuri wants a house and I want to give her that.