XXXIV: Again

[Yuri's POV]

There she goes again with the same question over and over. I cant count on how many times she's asked me this. It just breaks my heart to hear her ask.

"Unnie, look at the stars" I pointed at the sky, only a few stars could be seen but they were beautiful. "It's been a while since I last looked at them"

I just looked at the sky to avoid her question. Once I answer things would never be the same again.

"Joyul ... cant you look at me for a few seconds?" I could feel that she wa starting to tear up again. I didnt want that to happen, I dont. I closed my eyes and slowly faced her.

We stared at each others eyes as if we had a staring contest. You could see the longing in her eyes but she was trying to hide it.

"Would you be my girlfriend again?"

"I'm sorry unnie, I can't" Neither of us removed our gaze. She was about to cry but she held her tears. "Why?"

I gave her a smile as I walked back home. She followed me but eventually went to the convenience store.

///////////

When she was at the store, I left. I went back to seoul to my friends. She's probably confused and worried about me by now. I sent Juri a text saying to take care of Yena unnie.

My room that was once filled with lots of obnoxious stuff was now clean. No sign of Yena unnie anywhere.

"Why are you back? Arent you supposed to come back tomorrow?" I gave her a nod. "What happened?"

"I think i'll spend my days with HER, so please let me be" I started packing a few of my clothes and basic needs.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Minju was obviously worried again. I gave her a smile and nodded, which made her at ease.

Eunbi unnie called a taxi for me as they bid me goodbye. My phone kept on ringing amd I knew that it was Yena unnie. I want to ignore her for a while, I just want time to heal me.

They welcomed me as I left my bags at their house. "The only bed that's available is her bed" I knew that this would eventually happen so I gave them a nod.

"Do you want me to drive you there?" I slowly nod as Saerom unnie walked to the car. "It's been two weeks since you last came. Did something happen?"

"A friend of mine kept on bugging me these days. That's why I couldnt come. But starting today i'm gonna stay here for a while" she gave me a small smile as she drove me to her.

"You know that we dont talk about her anymore right?" I nodded. "But since you wanted to see her, I could make an exception"

We arrived as both of us left the car. She usually stays and just waits for me but now she's ready. I'm nervous just like usual but i'm happy to have Saerom unnie to be with me.

"Yah Jang Gyuri!!!" She suddenly shouted as soon as we arrived. I thought she'd cry or something but she was somewhat happy.

"It's been so long since I visited, the place is still the same I see" She said as if Gyuri unnie was in front of her. "Yuri hasn't visit for two weeks because she had problems with her girlfriend" I lightly pushed her.