Epilogue

[Yuri's POV]

I cant understand the world. I thought I did but not anymore.

As I kept on walking to where I was supposed to be. My phone kept on ringing but I ignored it. I've been walking for quite a long time now.

I passed by Yujin's funaral and left the note with Hyewon unnie. It was my final note for all of them. I dont wanna leave without saying anything.

Just like I said. I'll start a new life and live without any more regrets or bad decisions. I'll just be myself and I hope that's enough.

I finally reached the bridge as I leaned forward on the rails. My phone still kept on ringing. Since i'm here ... I guess it's time I answer it for the last time.

Just as I expected, it was her.

"Unnie?" Nothing still feels real anymore. Not even this call, but I decided to live with it for a while. Even if I have no idea if all this is real. She wasnt answering ... maybe this is a joke (?) or something.

"Hello? If you're not gonna answer i'm just gonna en-"

"Where are you?" She read the note. Her voice seems to be a bit off today. But she said it with a calm voice like before.

"If I tell you would you come?" I hope you would. I wish that you'll show up in front of me.

"Yes" I thought she was gonna push me away and say 'where are you?' again. We're not in good terms so that would be the most possible answer. But she said Yes, she'll come.

No she wont and you know that.

"I didnt know that it would be that easy. I shouldve asked you to come to me three years ago"

"Please tell me where you are right now" she's after this. She wants to know where I am.

Should I tell her? No, dont tell her

I tried changing the subject and teold her all the things that I missed about us. All of my what if questions.

They dont really matter anymore though. The answer would always be, regret.

We talked at the phone for a while. This is what i've been wanting to tell her. How I missed her and how I was broken without her.

I told her everything that I wanted to tell. And everything she wanted to hear. I even told her that I love her, which is true. But all this ... it's all a f**king lie.

This weird dream. This second chance in life thingy. It's all a dream. A long sleep that I can never escape from.

"There are a lot more things that I want to say to you. But I cant find the right words" I can never find the right words. I love you. I miss you. I wish we'd still be together.

"I dont know what to say anymore. But I hope you understand how I feel about you" You always understood it even without words. And I can still feel it.

"Remember what you used to say to me before? It was when I saved you from drowning in the river" those words that I could never forget. It was already planted in my head and heart. "You told me that whenever I needed you. You'll be there to save me"

"Next time, i'll save you" I can still remember your smile from back then.

"Wait for me, i'm almost there" I waited for three years but i'll still wait for you. I'll always will.

"Save me" that was the last thing that I said before ending the call. This is your chance to finally do your promise.

I turned off my phone and threw it down the river. Where i'm going ... I dont need phones. I went up the railings and just sat there for a few minutes.

Any minute now ... she'll come and this dream might finally end. I looked at the sky then the river.

Four years ago, I was in the same situation. But this time, i'm just waiting. Not thinking of anything and just wait.

"It's crazy how two people who both lost their memories found each other" It was like we were destined to meet.

"But it's crazier that were forcing ourselves to have a happy ending." Our story wasnt made to have a happy ending in the first place. Both of us wanted to leave the world.

But we failed in doing so. We tried to give it a chance again but we both know that it was never meant to be.

I looked around, seeing if anyone was coming to get me. But I can hardly see anyone around. It's late, people are probably sleeping at on their comfortable beds.

She's not coming Yuri.

"I think it's time that I finally meet with Gyuri unnie" I sighed as I looked around again.

Five more minutes ... I counted in my head and waited for her. But she didnt come.

"She's not coming ..." I tried to force myself with a smile. "I'll still wait for you. Please Save me"

I closed my eyes and felt the breeze. It's time.
I let go of everything and let myself fall. The cold water is once again waiting for me.

Goodbye and please just forget about me.

[END]