XLVII: Sudden Phone call

This is weird ... this is surely a dream. She wouldnt call me, or would she? I have no idea anymore.

I slowly went to look for where my phone was. The sound was echoing throughout the whole house. But I know it's somewhere around here.

When I found it I slowly picked it up and just looked at it for a while. When I saw her name I quickly threw my phone at my bed.

I mean ... how can this be? Is this a prank or something? Is she really calling me right now? I have no idea if this is even real anymore.

I looked at my phone which landed near my stuffed toy. Duckie. I grabbed it and just talked to Duckie for a while. "Should I answer the call or not?" Duckie just maintained it's expression. Well ... duckie is no help.

I put duckie to the side as I went to grab my phone. I took a deep breath and finally answered the call.

"Hello?"

[Chaewon's POV]

"Chaewon-ah ... you really wont go?" I shaked my head as Hyewon unnie kept on pleading me to go to this party that they've planned.

"I told you, i'm busy" she kept on pulling my shoulder and making this sad baby face. I decided to just not look at her. "You didnt even go to Juri and Kkura unnie's welcome party"

I ignored her and continued to do my work. I have no idea why there's another party again. I think Hyewon should be a party planner or something 'cause that was she only does. Plan parties and ask me to attend them.

"What will it be this time?" I said as she wrapped her arms around me and kept on pulling me. "It's a party for ... your birthday? Ahhhhhh~ is it wrong to spend time with friends?" I just shaked my head and tried to really ignore her.

She let go of me and just sat with her arms crossed. "Hmmp ... it's already bad without Yena, then you wont even join us" here she goes again ... she has told me this exact reason for at three times already.

"With Yena leaving I have no one to be with, our friends just want to spend time together. Why cant you join us even just for a while?" I didnt want to answer this again but she was acting like she was younger than me so I finally faced her.

"If you want to spend time with her that badly then go to Japan" I said then closed my eyes to just collect my thoughts about it for a while.

"But ... didnt someone tell you? Yena is missing" oh ... that's not really new, is it? She always runs away when she doesnt want anyone to stop her.

"Why arent you reacting? I said she's missing" I just nodded. "I heard you, so ..."

"Arent you worried about your friend?" I shaked my head. "Nope" then I continued with my work.

Why would I be worried? This is Yena unnie we're talking about. She can handle herself, if she knows it's wrong then she wouldnt do it. She probably ran away because of her pressuring her to do something.

She usually does that every single time. She's probably venting her stress and problems somewhere. If she's ready to come back, she'll come back. Well ... unless she gets her memories lost again.

"Your closest friend Choi Yena, is missing. She's wandering around Japan, hungry, cold and maybe even sick" Hyewon's imagination is really something. It's like she doesnt know who Yena unnie is.