XV: I met her

"I'm leaving ... see you tomorrow" Juri bid her goodbye and left me here. I'll be closing the store at around ten.

Now it's just me alone at the store. There are usually more customers at this hour but right now there arent any. I've just decided to do my regular thing and watch stuff on youtube.

"You finally got a job" I smiled seeing her come in the store. She went to the drinks section and took multiple bottles of soju. "Long time no see"

"You know you can still visit us anytime. Or is it because Yuri told you not to?" It's not that, I just decided that I shouldn't have made those stupid decisions.

She placed the bottles on the counter and payed for them. After that she just left saying goodbye. It's not like I didnt miss her, of course I did. She was my teacher and thanks to her I knew how to tattoo.

"Ahhhh ... Yena, what to do? What to do?" I dont usually get bored since Juri will always be here.

How about you play a game?
What game? I'm working, I cant

But how about ... arranging stuff?
That's boring

I should try to remember again. But for now all I can remember is that this person is waking me up to study, that's it.

I hit my head multiple times. Come on think! Whatever I do it will just be like this. I took out my phone and texted Chaewon, maybe she could help me remember something.

I didnt get a reply from her for a while but after some time she replied saying that she was busy.

Busy ... busy ... busy. I think i'd remember something connected to that. Or is it just Yuri being busy?

Any ideas on busy?
Wait ... your head might hurt a bit
Do whatever you can

I think- argghhh! My head really did hurt.

*walking at the park

Tears were already falling and my body hurts. I could feel all my bruises hurting. Why did I even run away?

My phone kept on dinging. It's from ... , why does she keep on messaging me? It's not like she cared for me at first.

I'm waiting for HER message, she's the only one who cared for me. Maybe staying here will take my mind off of everything.

"Hello" I turned my head to see a girl, she sat next to me. I dont know what she wants but i'm not in the mood for people. "Go away"

"You're Choi Yena right?" How did she know me? Is she a stalker or something?! "Ho-how!?"

"Your nametag" she pointed at the nametag on my chest. I quickly removed it and placed it in my pocket. "You seem a bit lost?" She gave me a smile.

"I ran away from home" she just kept on staring at me. I didnt know what to say to her so I just stared back. I gave a good look at her and realized that she had a bunch of tattoos all over her body.

"Maybe that's why you smell like poop AHAHAH" I smelled myself and realized that I did stink a little. I've been gone for almost a week but my friends think it's been a day. I got no calls from her, maybe i'm just really hopeless. "Dont be sad. I didn't mean to ..."

"No, it's okay. But why are you talking to me?" She smiled again. "I dont know, I just felt like it. I remembered myself. I was just like you before, trying to run away and be rebellious"

"Does it show?" I didnt know that I have this crazy image of running away or rebellious. As I remember I have an image of a freak.

"It does. And I just want to say that people will always be there for you, Even if it seems like they arent. If you're thinking that they hate you or something. Believe me they dont, they just want to find your weak spot and try to manipulate you. Dont let them do that to you. I know what your thinking or may I say ... planning. I cant really tell you to stop since we barely know each other. But whatever your decision is, I hope you wont regret any single thing" she smiled then left. I enjoyed her company but she's just saying those words 'cause she wants to be a 'good' person. But she somehow has a point.

"Whatever your decision ..." I decided to call her. I have a feeling that only she can understand me.

But what if she doesnt?

What is she's just like them?

Is she also just pretending to be my friend?

She's probably ready to stab my back

All the words that she said may just be lies

But ... what if they werent?

What if she really cared?

I know I hurt her but ... I know that I still love her.

Ring ring ... ring ring

My heart keeps on beating as it wishes for her to answer.

Ring ring ... ring ring

My heart lit as she finally answered. I was about to tell her everything that happened to me when ...

"Unnie, sorry i'm busy today. Maybe tomorrow" she hung up. I felt tears already falling as I tried calling her back but no answer.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA she's just the same as them"

Just the same as them ... That memory was ...

I think it was close to the day I tried to kill myself. But who's the girl that I called? She was too busy to answer my call. Why would I die for that!? Isn't that a bit absurd?

And the other girl ... the girl with the tattoos. The one that kept on giving me a smile. She tried to comfort me or something.

Tattoo ... smile ... smiley face!?

Does that mean she knows the past me? Is that why she talked to me before? I'm so confused. I should ask her about this, just to confirm.

"Yena ... Yena! Hey ... anyone in there?" Juri was waving her hand in front of me.

"You're here?" I have no idea when did she get here.

"You were staring into thin air since I came in. I've been calling you for 20 minutes" really? Maybe I was too focused on the memory. "The was a customer but you just kept on sitting like a statue"

"Sorry about that. It's just that I remembered something" she tilted her head and gave me her attention. "What did you remember?"

"I think it was a few days before I tried to ... you know. I was running away and talking to this person then I called someone but she was busy. Does this make sense?"

"No. I have no idea of what you're talking about. But I trust you and I know you'll get your memories back one day" I wish they were back. But I also wish for everything to just stay like this.

"Why are you here anyways?" She showed me a plastic bag full of drinks. "I was thirsty and realized that all my drinks are gone. So I went here, it's also close to closing time"

"I just spent my first day at work, day dreaming a memory" It sounds so crazy but I did it.

"Only you can do that AHAHAH. Anyways i'll be going now. You can close the store by yourself right?" I laughed as I remembered the first time I closed this store. I forgot that the key was on the table and ended up just closing the door. We almost got robbed, luckily the man next door saw him and reported to the police. After that Juri always closed the store.

"You thought me everything I know. Bye~" She bid her goodbye and left. I still waited for a few minutes then decided to close the store.

I was in a bit of hurry since Yuri will be waiting for me. And I have to tell her my memory as well.

I went home and saw her sleeping at the sofa with the tv open. I smiled to myself thinking of how cute she was. Then I went to the dining area it seemed like the food was still untouched. And i'm not sure if she's eaten yet.

I closed the tv then went to her. I took out my phone and took a quick video of her.

"You know ... I would look much better if I was awake" my eyes widened as I stopped the video. She sat down and gave me a smirk. "That's the second time you took a video of me sleeping. Next time do it when i'm awake" I feel so embarrassed

"Sorry about that but you looked so cute" she pouted and went to the dining area.

"Have you eaten yet?" She shaked her head as she prepared the table for us.