XXXVIII: Depression

It's been a month since we went to Japan. I moved out of the dorm and went back to my family in Busan. I thought that it was time to let go of the past and just live in the present.

In here there will be no more Yena unnie or thinking of her. I might have finally get peace in my life. My family has been a bit strange lately but they still support me in whatever I do.

Ahhh ... I dont really know. I just wanna sleep, it helps me not think of anything important. It's like a getaway from reality. I just hope I dont wake up anymore.

[Minju's POV]

It's been a few weeks since Yuri left the dorm. Nako was sad to loose her roomate but this also means that she could have the whole room for herself.

It's been quite normal here actually. With Yuri gone we dont really have to worry that much. The house is quiet and we get to do what we want to do.

But I cant help but still worry for her. She hasnt answered my calls nor did she talk to me whennshe came back. I had this urge to go to see her in Busan. But i'm pretty sure she wont talk to me.

I thought that after she went to Japan, she'll be okay. But she wasnt. I tried to call Yena unnie justvin case she could fix all this. But she wasnt answering either.

I felt like I could give up. But the thing is, Yuri didnt give up. She didnt give up on me before and I wont give up on her now. This might be the perfect time for me to be there for her.

"Kim Minju! Have you seen the news?" I shaked my head, I was busy trying to reach Yuri all day. "Why?"

"Some girl in Busan got killed herself in her very own house" Busan? Accident? "What happened?"

"They said it was suicide. But i'm not sure, it looks like it's near Yuri's place. See ..." she showed me the picture of the streets where the girl lived. And it does look like their neighborhood. "You dont think that ..."

"No, that's not Yuri. That cant be, she wouldnt kill herself knowing her parents are around her. She loves them too much" I nodded. Unnie is right, Yuri wouldnt do anything like that around her parents.

"But what do you think we should do? She's avoiding us now, isnt she?" Eunbi unnie thought for a bit before finally facing me. "She's avoiding us alright. We cant do anything right now but let's just brace ourselves"

"For what?" She looked at me and giggled. "You know what's next right?" I am so confused, it's like she's saying something else that I dont know.

"Next? What's next?" What does she mean by get ready for what's next. "Dont tell me that you dont really know!?" What? know what? She face palmed and smiled.

"The next stage" She said while staring at me. Are we playing some game? Stage? What stage is she talking about? "Ummmmmm ... ?"

"Stages of Grief. The Five stages of Grief, I thought you knew about it" there are stages for grief? Why? I have no idea what's she's saying. And I have no clue about these stages that she's talking about.

"Unnie, Can you please expl-"

"Listen to me first, There are five Stages of Grief. Yuri is in stage four as of now. I'm not sure if she'll overcome it this time but she's done it before.

Remember when Gyuri died?" I slowly nodded. The name Gyuri became such a sensitive topic that it's a bit awkward talking about it.

"Yuri faced the five stages when she died. I wasnt sure that this was happening to her again at first. Because unlike Gyuri, Yena is alive. She just left her ...