L: Dream

[Wonyoung's POV]

I went to Jeju island with Yujin unnie's parents. Right now they're still in the hospital grieving for their daughter. It was a bit tense at the hospital so I left and went to a near beach.

The place wasnt crowded, it only had a few people around so I thought that it would be the perfect place for me.

The sand was a bit hot but I didnt mind. I just sat there and thought about unnie. I want to cry and grieve about her but I dont know ... I cant.

I just sat down and looked at the sky. Yujin unnie promised me that she'd spend summer with me. Then she'll graduate next year, and look for a job.

She told me all her plans on life, what she would do ... what she wants to do before dying. I dont know, it seems like she hasnt achieved anything she wants yet. So why did the universe take her away so early?

Life really works mysteriously, you dont know what'll happen tomorrow. So I guess I am sad about Yujin unnie.

She even told me that she has a gift for me. I wonder what it was. I guess I cant really know about what it is.

I stared at the blue sky, Yujin unnie told me that she looks at the sky whenever she feels sad. I smiled to myself and remembered all our memories together.

A tear finally eacaped from my eye. Yujin unnie ... Are you in heaven right now? Will you look out for me just like what you said? My brain cant process that you're gone. Is that still normal?

Maybe I just want to believe that you're still here. You're still here right? You promised that you'll spend half of your summer. Are you already breaking that promise?

I smiled to myself as I thought that I could still feel Yujin unnie's presence.

I'm curious about the gift that she was supposed to give me. And what she would say about her trip with Yena unnie. She told me that she'd show me all their pictures and tell me all about it. She even said that we could go paragliding together next school break.

Even as I think about our memories together and about how she's gone now. I dont know why but i'm not crying about it. Am I not normal anymore?

I'll just stay and believe that she's still looking out for me somewhere out there. I read from somewhere that if one dies, they'll be a star and give light in the night.

Yujin unnie will be one of the brightest stars. She'll be a show off and maybe have a brightest light contest with the other stars. She'll always be there, She's not dead.

"YUJIN UNNIE!!!" I dont care if people look at me or think i'm weird. Right now I just want to talk to Yujin unnie. I know she's still somewhere out there.

"You might not want to reply or say anything but hear me out!" I shouted at the sky. Yujin unnie is probably getting a bit embarrassed by me.

"You'll still look out for me right? Did you become a Star? Or are you an angel? Whatever you are I hope you'll still stick to me" I smiled at myself and just imagined what she would say if she could really hear me right now.

"Did you lie to me? You told me that you'd always be here! Then why did you leave all of the sudden?" I look like a crazy person shouting at the sky so I just stopped for a while and looked at the sea.