XXXV: Denial

[Miniu's POV]

"Okay, you guys know the drill. Leave her alone for now" Eunbi unnie said as we overheard Yena unnie and Yuri's conversation yesterday.

"What will happen?" Wonyoung said as she went to me. "I dont know but I hope this will be for the best"

With Yena unnie leaving this could either be a good thing for her or a bad one. Last time someone left her she became crazy. I just hope that she'd be fine this time.

The others stayed in the living room as I decided to go to Yuri. It's been a while since we last talked, we eventually need to catch up. Even if Eunbi unnie told me to not go, she might need someone.

"Yuri?" She was lying on her bed playing with her phone. She looked fine but im pretty sure she's not.

"Oh, Minju it's been a while" she said as I went to sit next to her. "Yeah, you're always busy. That's why we couldnt get a chance to talk and hang out" she giggled.

She showed me her phone. "You got to read this, I started reading it the other day and it's amazing!" It was like she wasnt bothered about Yena unnie leaving.

"Really? Maybe i'll read it later" I wasnt sure what to say just yet. I cant just willy-nilly ask about what happened yesterday.

We were quiet for a few minutes as she continued reading her webtoon. "I know why you're here, just ask me already" she said as she just looked at her phone.

"Are you okay? I mean after what happened yesterday you mus-"

"She left, I wanted that. I couldnt be more normal, dont worry about me. I'm fine, absolutely fine. I feel like I could just go back to my normal life" She said it with confidence but I dont know, I still cant help but worry.

"Wont you miss her? Or maybe something else?" It would be impossible for her to not miss Yena unnie.

"No I dont, that's what I want. I want to forget her and you dont miss the things you want to forget" I gave her a simple nod.

"But I actually want time, time for myself maybe. I want to know what's really bugging me inside" she's still confused. Maybe the thing about Yena unnie leaving hasnt hit her yet. And when it does, then we should probably get ready.

We talked for a bit before I went back downstairs. Eunbi unnie approached me and gave me juice. "Where were you?"

"Yuri's room" she let go of her juice and waited for an explanation. "I didnt mean to not listen to you. I was just worried for her" she sighed and just nodded.

"Did she say anything?" I shaked my head. "But the thing is ... it hasn't struck her yet. I'm afraid that it'll happen again"

"Then if it does, let's make sure to be there for her this time"

[Yuri's POV]

It's been a week since she left. I badly want to call her, she's the only thing on my mind. Even if I try to divert my attention, she still pops up.

But I cant call her, her last words were 'call me when you become miserable'. I would never become miserable, i'll show her. When she comes back, i'll be so happy that she'll come to me.

"Yuri! Wanna go with me? I'm going shopping, a friend of mine's birthday is coming up" I gave her a nod as I prepared to go out.

I should go with her, this way my mind would focus on other things. Right ... right ... right ... let's just forget her and enjoy my life.