XLIV: Yenjin's Crazy Summer (2/3)

Day 11: Tuesday
(Bungee Jumping)

[Yujin's POV]

I should've just stayed and spent all my money on Wonyoung. I knew that I signed up on helping her to move on but I didnt expect something like this.

"Unnie, I dont think I can do this" she laughed at me and tried to slowly comfort me.

"This is just part of the simple ones. Just to remind you, we're going sky diving and paragliding next to this" oh right. So this means that I should be tough and maybe build my courage to do those other things.

Yena unnie told me to go first so that I wont chicken out. But the truth is, it looks as if she'll just bail on me after I jump.

It took us a few minutes as we wore the safety gear. And the instructor told us what to do and how it'll all go. I'm nervous but I somehow feel excited as well.

I've been to lots of these since we were young. Yena unnie and I would go on activities with our other friends. We even did paragliding before (with an instructor of course), I bet we can just go for an advanced session.

But the problem is that it's been years since we last did these things. I just dont know how to do this anymore. Plus i'm much more older now, I might not be able to do it. Maybe I was just too outgoing when I was younger.

"Okay, Let's do this!" I shouted making all my nervous emotions out. "Woohhh!!!" Yena unnie just giggled as I kept on shouting a few random words.

Then the time for me to jump finally came. The staff helped me with the gear and they gave me the instructions again. "Remember the most important thing to do is to have fun" the staff said as I gave him a smile.

"Wooohhhhh, Yujin-ah! Dont go crying like a baby when you jump! You can do this" Yena unnie cheered me as she just waited for her turn.

"Are you ready?" I nodded as he held me in the back. He was ready to push me off as I tried to back out. It's not that i'm scared but I ... I just dont want him to push me.

"Do ... Do you have to push me?" He shaked his head. "You can just jump if you want" He let go of me as I just stood there for a few seconds.

"What are you doing? Do you want me to push you?" Yena unnie said I heard footsteps coming closer. "Yujin-ah ..."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Before I knew it I jumped and it felt so great. I kept my eyes open and I really felt like I was flying.

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I may be shouting with all my might. And the wind might be blowing me too strongly but I wanna do it again. My heart started beating so fast that it just feels so exciting. Now I get why I liked these things when we were young.

My turn ended as the boat waited for me. After that I just waited for Yena unnie's turn to Jump. Looking at the height from where I jumped earlier. I feel so proud that I didnt cry. I think I teared a little when I was young but now it just feels so different.

I saw Yena unnie was her arms at me as I waved back. She looks excited jumping, for all I know this is what she wants to do. She wants to be free, free from everything. And I wanna help her do that of course.