VII: Endless days

[Yuri's POV]

I've been letting Yena do anything she wants these days. She seems to be enjoying being on her own. She started to color and draw, then yesterday I saw her learning how to sew and cross-stitch.

It's good that she's doing her own thing at least now, I can focus more on my jobs.

"Yuri, we need more plates at table six" I nodded and did what I was told. This is already the third job of the day.

Having all these jobs makes me drained. You might be thinking ... Yuri, why dont you just get one job? Get a job which pays you better. Well I cant do that, some jobs need documents or certain requirements and I dont have that.

Same thing happened to Yena. We both tried to get proper jobs but we couldn't. You might think that having three jobs will mean having more money, but no. The truth is ... I pay for everything.

Yena has a job but I let her keep her money. Just in case she want's something or needs it. That just means that all the money I work hard for will be used for basic needs. And there's barely anything left for me.

Our shift finished as Goeun and I walked together. "Yuri, I found this job opening at a new cafe. Maybe Yena could try there" Yena ... cafe?

"I'm not sure. But i'll ask her first" she nodded as we parted ways. When I came home Yena was already sleeping. She left food for me on the table, I ate it and slept next to her.

Aigoooooo ... should I ask her to get a job? I mean I dont want to sound mean to her. She's been doing her best at the convenience store lately but it isnt enough for the both of us.

I'll ask her tomorrow ... yeah tomorrow.

//////////

I woke up early for my job. I prepared a simple sandwich for her in case she wakes up hungry. I left a note then went to work.

"Oh Yuri, you can take the basket over there" I nodded and took all my tools. In case your wondering, I work at an orange orchard. We plant, take care, pick and sell oir fruits. Sometimes when there's extra fruit she gives it to me.

Out of all my jobs this is the hardest. I mean ... I have to wake up early in the morning just to pick oranges. Then my work finishes at ten. That gives me thirty minutes before my next job which is the cafe. Which I work as a cashier. I have to be there by 10:30 and open the store at exactly 11. My partner comes in by 12 that's why I cant be late. By 4:30 or 5 i'll be already leaving. That gives me enough time to get ready for my last job which is the resto. I work there from six to ten, 11 if overtime.

Based on my schedule you could clearly see that i'm very busy.

//////////

I finished my job at the cafe and walked home to change clothes. Yena wasnt inside she must be at work right now.

I pass by the convenience store everyday and look from the outside. Just to see if she's there, good thing she's always there.

I pass by and went to do the usual.

"Hey, what did she say?" I told Goeun the situation and she said she'll still wait for Yena's answer.

"I dont think she'll do it" it's true, Yena is going through some phase or smth. She's been saying she's a free spirit lately, she also said that she wants to do everything. I'm not sure if she'll listen to me. "She will ... she always does"

"She's busy these days" she looked at me, confused. "Busy? How? You have three jobs and she has one"

"She has this thing going on. She wants to make her own decisions without asking me" She just gave me a giggle. "It seems that your daughter is just going through her teenage years. You better watch out, she might do something extreme AHAHAH" she's ridiculous.