XIX: Promise

You know... Yuri might just be like her.
She'll also leave you one day.
Even if it doesnt seem possible now, who knows?
If she gets her memories back, she'll eventually leave.
You'll be alone again.

These thoughts kept on repeating over and over. My head is just about to burst and I want to cry. It was late but I quietly walked home pretending I had a hard day at my job.

Those thoughts still kept on bugging me. I dont know what to do by the time Yuri leaves me.

I slowly entered the house and ate the food prepared for me at the table. I took a quick shower and went to Yuri's room. She was sitting at the study table next to her bed. I saw that she was writing something but I didnt bother to ask.

"How was your day?" She said quickly turning to me as I sat down the bed. I let my body fall and felt the soft bed swallow a part of me.

She wont leave you ... she wont leave you
Everything will be alright

Everything will be alright. Yuri loves you, she loves you Yena.

Even if I try to convince myself with these words, it wont work. Because I still dont know what will happen ... what if she's just like them?

She moved to the bed and layed her body next to mine. "Is everything alright?" my heart started beating fast. I dont know why but i'm super nervous right now. It feels like everything will go away.

"I'm scared" I said still not looking at her. I felt her sigh then she held my hand. "Me too"

"I'm scared that you'll go with your friends and leave me behind. I'm scared that you'll get your memories then break up with me. I'm scared to face the truth about my past. I'm scared unnie, I'm so scared about the thought that our past is slowly gaining on us" I faced her and hugged her. I guess I wasnt the only one who was feeling that way.

When I thought I was having a hard time, she also did. I guess were facing this together and that for me is already beautiful.

"Yuri, Let's promise to never leave each other okay?" We smiled at each other then she nodded.

"I promise"

////

*Three months later

I woke up late as usual, there were already 10 missed calls on my phone but I didnt bother to pick it up. I went downstairs and saw the maids already preparing the food.

"Oh, Yena! Come join me for lunch!" Seungmin oppa called me as I shaked my head and went to him. "I can't, I have an something important to do"

"Ehhhh? We havent had lunch together in ages come on~" I tapped his shoulder and chuckled. "We had lunch together yesterday"

"But I missed my little sister" I gave him a hug and left the dining area. I went back to my room and took a shower.

After an hour or so, i'm already dressed and ready to go. My phone kept on ringing, I told her that i'd meet up with her at exactly 1:00 pm. But she kept on texting me since yesterday.

I went downstairs and bid oppa goodbye. "Wait up! You have to be back before morning okay?" I nodded as I ran outside to the car.

//////

"Why havent you been answering my calls!?" I quietly sat infront of her and just stared. "Yah, Choi Yena!"