VIII: Fired

"Yena ... Yena, please forgive me" Juri was now begging me in front of a customer. I shaked my head and ignored her while I helped the old leady.

I came back and she was still on her knees. "Yenaa ... Yena ... Yena ... Yena ... Yen-"

"Be quiet! You're embarrassing yourself" she gave me a grin as she continued to beg.

"I didn't know you'll be that worried. I thought you'd give up on me. Please ... i'm sorry. Yena ... Yena ... Yena" Oh hey! Did I ever tell you that my best friend was crazy? If I didnt then i'm saying it now. Juri is crazy.

"Stop calling me that, my name isnt Yena" she stood up and gave me a hug. "So ... you forgive me?" I nodded.

"Yesssssss!!! Yena- no I meant Juri forgave me! So ... the Yena and Juri duo is back?" I gave her a nod. Someone came to the counter and of course being Juri ... she ran towards somewhere.

"Uhhh ... did I do something?" The girl said as she placed snacks on the counter. "No, she's just crazy" the girl nodded then gave me a smile.

I placed everything she bought in a plastic bag and gave it to her. She went out of the store then went back to the counter. I was confused of why she did that but she also looked at me confused.

"Sorry to ask this but do you know me?" Uhhhhhh ... should I know her? I have no idea. "No" she then nodded while thinking of something.

I saw Juri wave at me then she pointed at our nametags. I already got the idea of what she was saying.

"You and my friend look alike" she said. "Then your friend must be really pretty"

She was about to leave but she came back again. "Uhhhh ... is it okay if I ask your name?"

Juri gave me a thumbs up. My friend is really crazy but i'm crazier for doing as she says.

"Juri. My name is Takahashi Juri" The girl was like 'ahhh okay'. She just kept on staring at me.

"But you really look like her ... aishhhhh nevermind!" She kept on talking to herself. "Then can I have your number?"

I gave Juri a look and she was like 'Go! Do anything!'. "Hehe. Funny thing is I dont have a phone"

//////////

I sat down on the floor while I waited for Yuri to come home. I cant wait to tell her my good news. She might kill me though but i'll be fine.

She came home early as expected. She had this 'I had a bad day' look in her face. But she tried to give me a smile when she came in.

"Yena, good thing your here. I've been wanting to ask you something" hmmmmmm ... I guess she has a lot of questions since we dont see each other that much anymore. "What?"

"Its about your job ..." good thing were in the same topic. I have to tell her something about my job as well. "... you might not want to do this but I want you to get another one"

"Ok. Where should I go?" She looked shocked. I guess she wasnt expecting me to say yes. "Uhhhh ... the cafe that had just opened yesterday. Are you sure you're going to get this job?" She was still worried. But I nodded and gave her a smile.

"You said working at the convenience store is the only perfect job for you. Why are you okay with this? Is it because of me? Please dont force yourself if its because of me" it is because of her but I want to get the job for myself as well.

"No, it's not that. I also want to get a new job since I got fired from my old one"

"YOU GOT WHAT!?" She started to shout. I knew this was a bad idea, but it's either one thing or another. "YOU CAN'T DO THAT, GO BACK AND GET YOUR JOB BACK!!!" uhhh ... no.