×49

after few years.

nari should've moved on by now , she should've forgotten about him , she should've accepted the fact that donghyuck was never coming back and that he is-

she feared the term.

her life has never been the same after she met him. she let go of him because he promised to come back. and she hated it , nari hated the fact that there is this small part of her , still hoping for him to comeback , still hoping for him to be okay.

during this fatiguing phase , she made an unanticipiated decision.

"i wanna become a doctor in military"

and there she was , helping a soldier who has twisted his ankle badly.

"what were you doing?! this seems pretty bad though , wait here , let me get an ice pack" she huddled towards the refrigerator.

"put it over there , you will feel better" she mumbled and threw the packet towards him.

"oka-, ouch. how can you throw this on me? i am a patient after all-"

"and i am your senior"

"fine , i should've gone to dr na , atleast he is gentle"

"okay , now i am gonna break your bones so that you can get treatment from dr na" nari smiled fakily and jolted towards the soldier threatningly.

"nari , chill down" jaemin intrrupted with a laugh.

he entered the medical camp and put down his clipboard on the table,

"all the soldiers are in good condition"

"great" nari replied nonchalantly while arranging some medicines by their names.

"why did you join the medical job in military? you were having a good time and you know..its a risk being military doctor too" he sighed.

"i know what i am doing jaemin , i chose this. i cant back off now."

jaemin's eyes wanderlessly stared at the girl , observing how much she has changed by now. they met few years and everything that happened, it changed it. alot. whether it was physical appearence or inner feelings.

the nari he once met was,

stubborn , cute , happy and radiant. she used to wear a pure white jacket over her regular casual clothes, tagging herself a doctor. she had long brown hair and dreamy jet black eyes.

but now she was,

dejected , unhappy , sorrowful and gloomy. she had her military patternised shirt tucked inside her trousers lazily as she checked the medicines. she looked different in military uniform, it showed more of her bolder side. her once long hair were now cut short and they barely reach her shoulders. her dreamy eyes were now the tired one's.

 her dreamy eyes were now the tired one's

this chapter made me sad-

:((

also , you guys are so nice omg. the fact that this book is getting so much love is really shocking. but thank you!