Chapter 2 - Bondi Beach & Trouble

Please ignore grammatical mistakes. Do vote and comment.

My pov

I decided to take a stroll on the beach and relax myself a bit from the tiring journey. After that i will go and find a apartment close to the beach. I stayed on the promenade for few minutes admiring the beach.

After a few minutes i started walking down the steps taking my shoes in my hand not wanting to fill them with the golden sand. As soon as my feet touched the sand it gave me immense peace. I started walking through the crowds to the waters end. I stood there for a while admiring water.

I started walking through the waters edge passing through the lifeguards buggies who were doing rescues, directing people to the shores through megaphone announcements. Their radio going on and off directing them for people in trouble through the tower. I recognised them as i have seen them on bondi rescue.

I started walking from the north end of the beach which is the most safe part of the beach with kiddies pool. There was a buggie positioned with Jethro and Max Ashford on patrol.

I went further in front of the tower where the infamous red and yellow flags were positioned for the swimmers the one of the safest part of the beach mostly for the one who don't know to swim. There was a quad bike on which Harries was on patrol.

I moved a bit further that is the backpackers rip and the dangerous currents sign which is the non swimming area but still swimmers were there swimming directly in front of them. On duty were harrison and i could see deano perform a rescue of a tourist who fell of the sand bank and Harrison doing megaphone announcement for people to come out of the water as it was pretty dangerous.

I finally reached the south end the dangerous part of the beach. It was dangerous because of the vortex which means the more you want to go away from the rocks the more you go closure to the rocks. On duty were Whippet and Reidy. They were directing the swimmers out of the water through megaphone announcements.

I decided to sit for a while after searching for sometimes i got a nice place to sit. I sat a bit close to buggie i could hear their radio going on and off.

As i sat and enjoyed the view i heard their radio go off saying " Bondi central to South end there is a mass rescue going on between 2nd and 3rd ramp. You need to go back up is needed every lifeguard has their hands full of rescue". I heard the engine go on and drive in front of me. Reidy stating " Copy that on our way" i saw them strip down and ready to dive in for rescue.

I wondered how do they manage to cover the whole beach with just 7-8 lifeguard down the beach with more than 20,000 people on the beach looking in the sea. As i was wondering this i could see a hand go up i stood up to get a better view of it.

As i saw who it was my eyes widened in shock. There was a girl not more than 5 years of age starting to go under and as there was a mass rescue going on no lifeguard was avaliable i quickly strip my top off leaving me in my bikini and i borrowed a board from a nearby surfer.

As soon as i went in the water the girl started to go under and gasping for air. I duck my head down and starting to paddle as fast i could keeping one eye on the girl. My arms were burning due to paddling but for me the girl's life was more important.

As soon as i reached there i couldn't find the girl i looked down and she was going beneath and was about to touch the sand bank but i quickly dived in and pulled her up with me and put her on board. As soon as i saw her i knew i had to get back to shore as fast as possible.

As i starting to paddle out of no where i saw a dorsal fin about 5 meters from making me curse under breath i started to paddle but i was a bit slow since it popped right behind me taking bite on my leg but i somehow managed to kick it by my other leg before it could take in my whole ankle. I started to paddle furiously to shore and to my luck i caught a wave to shore.

As soon as i had my foot on the sandbank i picked the girl up and started running to the sand though i was bleeding from leg and excruciating pain but i dint care.

Once i was on sand away from water i put the girl down and started cpr straight away as she wasn't breathing and was completely blue i started shouting for someone to come and hold her head up and someone to go and call the lifeguards to bring defib with them and ring the shark alarm.

Huff finally a long one. Do vote and comment. Will update soon maybe late in evening till then enjoy.