Chapter 4 - Help, Debrief And Hospital (Part 2)

Avoid grammatical mistakes. Do vote and comment. Enjoy this update.

Whippet pov:

Myself and reidy were stationed down at south end until we got a call from Central that there was a mass rescue going on between 2nd and 3rd ramp and backup was needed. We reached and in water there were deano and hutz had their hands full with patients clinging on their boards. It took us nearly 20 minutes to clear the water as we were bringing the last patients to shore Deano was talking to member of public that there was a 5 year old being brought unconscious from the surf.

Deano hurriedly went to South end. Myself and reidy made our way towards the tower to grab the defib as we told deano that we will grab the defib. As we went to grab the defib the shark alarm went off. We muttered curse under our breath all things happens at one time there was a mass rescue, unconscious little girl and shark siting great.

We hurriedly made our way to South end where deano was there making way through the crowd we backed up immediately and made way through crowd. As we see there was a young girl around 18 years doing chest compression on the little one.

Deano stood on right side i took a position on the left side. I started to put the defib on so that we can shock her if needed. She started panicking as there was no signs for life i dont know how long she was working on the little one. Deano encouraged her to continue that she is doing great and would take over after she finishes counting 30.

As deano took over, he told me to go and talk to the girl. As i walked to her initiating a conversation saying " do you know her, you ok!?" but got no response. I felt something wet around my foot as i looked down i gasped as there was blood oozing out from her wound it looked like a shark bite. I immediately pulled my shirt off and wrapped it around her foot to stop further bleeding. Her concentration was on the girl who was shocked twice to bring her back to life and after getting pulse we all breathed a sigh of relief including the girl besides me.

I tried getting more response from her but still unresponsive except for the relief for the girl. I was trying to talk to her but my radio went off "Bondi central to whip, whats the situation down there and the ambulance is 2 mins away, Hutz will bring paramedics down for you". I replied stating "Copy that. The girl is not more than 5 years of age had to shock her twice to bring her life, situation is under control we need another ambo for another patient it looks like there has been a shark attack, she is conscious but still in shock will bring her to the tower". Meanwhile hutz and reidy took the girl off to ambulance with her crying parents who came there finding her daughter. I was angered that how come someone leave their daughter on her own. I quickly calmed myself down and returned to that girl.

"Copy that whip another ambo is on its way but it will take 15 minutes " Troy said. After replying i went back to the girl telling her that the girl is she rescued is in safe hands but i saw her eyes dropping and she fell unconscious.

" Shit" i muttered under the breath i scopped her in my arms with deano just besides me. I reacted quickly and took her on the back of the rhino deano quickly took the seat behind the wheels and drove upto the tower. I started patting her cheeks rubbing her sternum but no response.

As soon as the buggie came to halt i rushed upto the tower with deano behind my tail, i quickly put her up the medical bed and pulled the oxygen mask on her face. She was visibly pale.

As soon as i took my shirt off her feet, Deano visibly gasped behind me as he was with me, hearing his gasp everyone popped up to see what happened as soon they saw the wound they gasped and winched looking at the wound including hoppo who came up the tower hearing the commotion on the radio.

We started cleaning her wound. We waited for her to come around she would need couple of stitches as the wound was deep. I noticed that she was shivering in sleep even in this hot weather. Hutz came and gave his hoodie which we made her wear. Now we were waiting for her to come around and the other boys went back to their job looking in the water.

Hoppo, me, deano, hutz waited for her to come around, we wanted to know what happened, about her famliy since they must be worried for her, she was young. Her famliy should be aware of what has happened.

As i immersed in my thoughts we heard someone flinch and cough, that is when we noticed that she was coming around, i immediately called hoppo and others that she is coming around. I stood besides her so that she doesn't panic about being alone.

I helped her sit up with the looks she was still feeling dizzy, i told hutz to bring in some water for her to help her stay stable. She took water and started drinking small small sips, after she was done i asked " You ok, how are you feeling". She repiled " Feeling a bit dizzy".

I asked her name and where is she at the moment " She said her name is Shruti but you can call me Ri, and she is at bondi beach". Behind me were hoppo, deano, hutz and reidy who came back for his lunch. I asked is anyone that we could contact and tell them about this incident, she visibly paled at my question and stiffened and started hyperventilating it look like she panicked. We waited for her to answer.

No pov:

As soon as whippet questioned about Ri about her famliy, Ri stiffened and told in a low tone " I just came to Australia today to start a new life without famliy they stay in India, I don't have anyone over here". Ri had tears in her eyes.

Everyone in the room fell silent, Harrison was the first one to come and give a hug to ri and let her cry on his shoulder. Others did not know what to say.

There was a knock on the door breaking the silence, whip who was close to the door opened greeting the paramedics and giving them way in,
One of the paramedic was quinn who is also a part time lifeguard at the beach. Quinn initiated a conversation asking how this happened examining my foot.

Hoppo and others leaned to listen to what happened, " i was sitting on the waters edge, looking forward in the surf when a hand got up needed to be rescued, but as there was a mass rescue going on there was no lifeguard avaliable near me, i stood up and borrowed a board from near by surfer, the girl dint have much time she was starting to go under, i quickly paddled out but was a bit late, i jumped off the board and grabbed her and put her on the board she was completely blue and had no pulse no breathing i knew i had to react quickly, as i was trying to paddle back to shore, out of no where i saw a dorsal fin just 5 meters away from me, I knew i don't have much time as i started to paddle back to shore but before i could do that the shark popped behind me and took a chunk at my leg but before it could take my whole ankle i kicked the shark and freed my leg and luckily i caught a wave and made my way back to shore, but the little girl wasn't breathing i picked her up and brought her back to the sand and started cpr and asked the member of public to bring this incident in your notice, the rest you know, i thought i lost her". Tears falling freely on Ri face.

After listening to her story the whole room went silent, they all were shocked from the happenings only Ris sobs could be heard. Breaking the silence was Quinn who assessed my wounds and told that i would need couple of stitches and trip to hospital, Quinn asked if anyone would come with me, hoppo told hutz to go with me as his shift was coming to end. They told that they all would visit me when their shift comes to end. I was taken to hospital with hutz and quinn.

Done with this part too. Do vote and comment if you enjoy my story.