Chapter 58 - Australia Day (Part 2)

Ri and boys were sitting in the tower watching water and directing others to do rescue. The crowds had grown pretty thick making it difficult for them to keep an eye on everyone swimming outside the flags.

"Should we put another set of flags as the crowds are going nuts". Ri said looking around.

"Yeah it will make our work a bit easy and we can concentrate on other parts of beach too". Harries said.

"The questions is where we will put the third set of flags?". Jess asked. "In front of tower it's safe spot as there are no major rips forming". Harries said and they nodded.

"Precious and whip you guys are patrolling it,max and hutz go put on the flags". Harries said and they nodded and left the tower.

"Central to all lifeguards we are putting third set of flags just in front of tower". Ri radioed. Whip came up the tower. Ri turned to have a look at him and frowned.

"Whip you alright?". Ri asked getting up from her seat. He was sweating and was looking a bit pale.

"Just a bit exhausted". He said and ri reached her bottle she was opening the cap when dizziness took over him, he lost his balance and before he could get hit by something ri got hold of him.

"Whip open your eyes". Ri said patting his cheeks. She lifted his legs and placed it on the chair to increase the blood flow.

"Get me some wet towels". Ri said as she sat with whips head on her lap. Jess got the towels and ri immediately put it on his head and around his neck.

"What happened to him?". Harries asked and ri was monitoring his pulse. "Heat exhaustion i guess bring oxygen his pulse is rapid". Ri said and jess went to get oxygen.

Jess pulled the oxygen mask on his face and waited for him to come around, "Whip can you hear me, open your eyes for me". Jess said and ri was patting his cheeks.

Soon he opened his eyes and looked around he was about to sit up, "No don't get up stay here for a while, tell me where are you now?". Ri asked caressing his hairs.

"Lifeguard tower". He said and ri reached her bottle as he took off the oxygen mask. "Here have some water you got heat exhaustion". Ri said and lifted his head a bit so that he can have water. He drank a few sips.

"How are you feeling now?". Ri asked and with the help of jess they made him sit on the chair. "Better than before". Whip answered and ri nodded.

"Keep taking fluids not only you whip but others too". Harries said and they nodded.

Ri collected her things and got up to go on patrol and whip stood up too sensing his movements ri turned around.

"Where do you think you are going?". Ri asked with her arms folded and stern look on her face.

"Patrol the beach". Whip said with a nervous smile on his face and running his hand on the back of his neck.

"No you aren't coming with me you are staying up the tower or going home choice is your's?". Ri said with a stern voice making him to pout at her.

"This is not fair". He said making a puppy face but ri did not budge. "She is right whip you are staying here in the tower we don't want you to get heat exhaustion again". Harries said and he sighed.

"Fine i am staying here". He said with a bad face making ri to smile ear to ear. Seeing her smile he smiled too.

"Good boy see you guys later". Ri said and gave a hug to everyone and left the tower. She went towards the buggie to see max and hutz looking at water intently. She went behind them scared them, "Boo". Making them to jump on their place and turned around to see her laughing.