Chapter 3 - Help,Debrief And Hospital (Part 1)

Avoid grammatical mistakes.

My pov
I started chest compression on the little body with 30 sets each and 2 blows through mouth. My first aid training came into force. A member of public held her head crocthing down against her head. I was counting out loud doing compression. A member of public went to bring the incident into the notice of the lifeguards.

I dint knew how long it will take the lifeguards to come and take over. My arms starting to burn due to doing  continuous compressions. Cpr is physically demanding and it is necessary to give rest i dont know how long it has been since i was doing compression.

As i continued doing cpr i heard shark alarm go off and within minutes the water would have been clear i dint look around because for me bringing this girl to life was important. I continued doing cpr i dont know how much time had passed until i heard a rhino pull besides and lifeguards getting on the scene pushing the crowd away.

I continued with my counts and compression. I felt presence besides my right and left and one lifeguard took position from the member of the public holding the head of the girl.

I started panicking since there was no signs of life the lifeguard besides my right started talking " You are doing great  sweetie don't panic and continue till next 30 and i will take over from you" from the voice i could make out it belonged to Deano. The other lifeguard was setting up the defibrillator in case needed.

As soon as i finished the last 30, Deano took over from me. I sat down exhausted from all happenings i dint knew what to do, overwhelmed about the happenings tears started flowing from my eyes. It hit me hard the other lifeguard who set up the defib,  came besides me as soon as he saw my foot he gasped in shock and immediately put his shirt around my foot to stop the bleeding.

I saw him and recognised him as Whippet. He was talking to me but i was in a state of shock to respond my concentration was on the girl who was shocked twice after which they got a pulse she was back but still not out of danger which cause all of us to breath in relief, and the one who was holding the head and oxygen mask was reidy.

I heard Whippet's radio go off " Bondi  central to whip, whats the situation down there and the ambulance is 2 mins away, Hutz will bring paramedics down for you". "Copy that. The girl is not more than 5 years of age had to shock her twice to bring her life, situation is under control we need another ambo for another patient it looks like there has been a shark attack, she is concious but still in shock will bring her to the tower" Whip replied.

Whip came and sat besides me wanting any reaction from me but i started to feel light headed and everything started to spin around me and everything went black.

Deano's pov

We had just completed a mass rescue it was hectic more than 15 people had drifted off sand bank. After bringing in the last patient as we were heading to the buggie, member of public came running telling that there is girl who has brought a girl not more than 5 years of age out of the water and is  unconscious. The girl who got her out of water told to bring lifeguards and bring defib and ring shark alarm.

I immediately slid behind the wheels and started driving to South end i took my radio and pressing the button  " Deano to Bondi Central, a patient is Brought unconscious from the surf we  need the defib down here, whip and reidy are on the way to tower to get the defib ring the ambos and ring the shark alarm as there is a shark sighting, launch the jet ski"

" Copy that deano, harries and maxi are launching the jet ski and more back up is on the way with defib " replied Troy.

As i got on the sight there was a crowd gathered around and due to shark alarm the water was clear which means we can concentrate on the patient.

As i was making my way through the crowd i saw whip and reidy down with the defib i saw a young girl around the age of 18 doing chest compression and a member of public holding the head of the girl.

I took a place on her right side i saw here panicking and told her " You are doing great sweetie don't panic continue till next 30 then i will take over"  i told her after she completed the 30 sets i took over from her. Whip was getting the defib ready and reidy was holding her head and oxygen mask.

After setting the defib i told Whip to go and talk to the girl as she was shocked and exhausted with all the happenings.

She had tears streaming down her face and was worried for the young girl and it could be seen se wasnt responding to Whips talking and was looking at the girl. I heard a gasp from whip and he immediately put his shirt on her foot. I dint have a look as to what happened to her leg.

We had to shock the girl two times to bring her back to life the moment we felt a pulse we all breathed a sigh in relief including the girl. Atleast she reacted of girl being safe.

I could hear through the radio that the ambo is 2 minutes away and whip giving them a brief of what happened and whip asking for another ambo for the girl with him stating a shark attack my and reidy's eye widened in shock. Hutz brought the paramedics for the little girl filling in the necessary details. The paramedics with the help of hutz and reidy escorted the girl to the ambo.

I walked back to whip to help him but the girl had started to lose consciousness. Whip reacted immediately and picked her up and sat on the back of the buggie. I immediately slide behind the wheels and brought her up to the tower.

As soon as we reached the tower whip immediately got down and climbed the stairs with me behind his tail we both were worried for her. He immediately placed her on the medical bed put an oxygen mask around her face.

I gasped looking at her wound hearing my gasp everyone came and their eyes widened in shock and all of them winched including hoppo who came over hearing commotion. Hoping that this girl can tell what happened we can call her family and inform them about the incident. We were just waiting for her to come around.

Huff here comes another update. Give your comments and do vote.