Chapter 42 - Maxi's Proposal

Hutz was the first one to wake up and looked at ri only to find her sleeping snuggling closer to him making him smile. He carefully placed her head on the pillow and covered her with the duvet and made his way into the kitchen to make breakfast for themselves and than wake up ri.

He was making breakfast and coffee when a pair of hands wrapped around his waist and head on his back making him to smile. He pulled ri in front and continued making breakfast. "Good morning baby, i was going to wake you up after making breakfast, did you sleep well". Hutz said kissing her forehead.

"Mhmm". Ri said sleepily making him to chuckle. "Come on wake up breakfast is ready and we need to leave for work". Hutz said wrapping his arms around her.

"Good morning hutz". Ri said and gave a peck on his cheeks and left for her room to freshen up even he went to freshen up.

Soon they freshened up and had their breakfast and made their way towards bondi after taking their belongings.

They kept their things in locker and went to the tower to find matt dee, mouse, beardy, gonz, harries, jeff, singlets, jess sitting in the tower talking.

"Good morning boys". They both wished and they wished them too.

"Darlin i brought the candles i have kept them in locker room". Harries said and ri nodded.

"Good we need to hurry after our shift ends to bronte as we have lot to set up". Gonz said.

"What's going on?". Beardy asked and matt dee also leaned in to listen as they were unaware. The boys told him about maxi's proposal arrangements and they both got Happy for him.

"Finally he is proposing". Matt said laughing and others started to laugh too.

"We need to carry our radios too for communication". Jess said and others agreed to it.

"Maxi has a day off today and he must be nervous as hell i expect him to come today at beach". Ri said and realised that they don't have ground lanterns.

"Shit who is getting the ground lanterns i forgot about it". Ri said with a worried expression on her face.

"Don't worry precious we can tell chips to bring it he stays nearby, he has an off too". Harries said and ri sighed in relief and nodded.

Ri was stationed at backpackers with matt till afternoon and in tower for the rest of the day.

They talked for a while before leaving for their position. Matt and ri reached backpackers and settled down.

"I suppose it is going to be calm here as you are here". Ri said laughing.

"Yeah you are with bondi's good luck charm usually we don't have anything happening when i am here". Matt said laughing along.

"Yeah i know that". Ri said whilst watching water.

"I heard you are flying to India this monday". Matt said. "Yeah the event got preponed much to my disappointment, i get chills with the thought of it and now i actually need to go". Ri said sighing.

"One day you have to do it". Matt said stating the fact. "I know but i did not know that it will come this soon i am still not ready for it but i don't have a choice now". Ri said and he nodded in understanding.

"Don't worry baby girl whip and jess are going with you which is a good thing". Matt said. "Yeah thank god they are coming if i had to go alone i wouldn't have been able to do it". Ri said and he nodded.

They sat there watching water without any rescue they could here their radio going on and off with rescues taking place on other parts of beach. It was around 11 when their radio went off, "Central to Backpackers". Came Jess voice.