Chapter 74 - Never A Dull Moment At Bondi

Hutz had late shift and ri had an early shift. She woke up and tried to get out of bed but hutz had his grip tight. Sighing ri nudged him.

"Boo loose your grip i need to get ready for work". Ri said ruffling his hairs and he opened his eyes.

"Sorry but not sorry". He said sleepily and caged her in his arms shifting completely on her. Ri giggled at his behaviour. She wrapped her arms around him and caressed his hairs making him to smile.

"Boo you sleep let me go or i will be late for work". Ri said and pecked his lips making him to smile in his sleep and buried his head in crook of her neck.

"Don't go". He said planting a kiss. "No i have to go and even you have work but you are starting late". Ri said ruffling his hairs and he slept.

"Boo sleep on bed and let me go, i am getting late". Ri said and he just hummed in response. She tried to get out of his grip but he was way too strong for her and couldn't free herself.

She looked at clock and saw it was past 6:45. "Boo i am running super late please let me go". Ri said ruffling his hairs and he let her free.

She rushed towards bathroom freshened up and got changed. She packed her bag and went back to room, "Boo i am leaving see you at work". Ri said and kissed his forehead and he hummed in response.

Ri rushed out of apartment locking it and she literally ran for her shift. Putting her things in locker she sprinted towards the tower with bumbag, cap and sunnies in her hand.

It was past 7 when she entered the tower. She went upstairs and sat on the chair catching her breaths and was sweating. Boys were startled looking at her.

In tower were reidy, harries, deano, jeff, jake, corey, gonz, whip. Jeff went towards her with bottle and rubbed her back.

"Jeez baby girl have water". Jeff said and made her drink water. Whip came and wiped the sweat off her forehead.

"Did you came running?". Boys asked and ri nodded. "Yeah woke up late so came running". Ri said catching her breaths and closed her eyes.

"Running is a good workout". Boys said laughing and ri laughed along and nodded. Ri looked at rosters she was at middle South with jake till 10, middle set of flags with jeff till afternoon, North end with gonz till 3 and tower the rest of the day.

They sat there talking for a while before they left for duty. Jake carried ri downstairs and made her sit in buggie and got in drivers seat and drove off.

They parked the buggie looking at water it was early morning but people had started pouring down the beach. Ri and jake sat on the roof of buggie dangling their legs and were enjoying the weather.

"I love this place". Jake said and ri nodded. "Couldn't agree more this is the best feeling and best job in the world, everyday we wake up to come here and work at beach". Ri said with a smile on her face. Jake wrapped his arms around her shoulders and admired the view.

Mornings are the best at bondi when there are not many people it is peaceful and one could sit and enjoy the view before action starts.

Day started progressing and rescues started taking place. It was 9 ri and jake were sitting in the buggie when hutz came to meet them.

"Good morning love and jake". Hutz said and leaned on ri's side and kissed her forehead before leaning on the buggie.

"Morning hutz you here early you aren't starting before 10". Jake said turning his attention towards hutz.

"Yeah i know i came here to take her for breakfast, sorry". Hutz said.

"Baby girl you haven't taken your breakfast? ". Jake asked but ri spotted a swimmer in trouble and stripped off and went away taking the rescue board.