Chapter 56 - Today's Not My Day

The ones who were back weren't starting before 10. Ri was the first one to wake up and looked at the time to find it was past 8:30. She carefully got out of the bed not wanting to wake up hutz.

She covered him with the duvet and kissed his forehead and went to freshen up. After freshening up she made her way into the kitchen and started making some toast for breakfast as that was easy for her to make without pressurising her wrist.

She was making coffee when a sleepy hutz made his way out of the room, "Good morning boo freshen up breakfast is ready". Ri said to which he spoke coming over.

"Good morning love why did you make it i would have done it... ". He spoke kissed her forehead but ri cut him off.

"I have made toast nothing major that would put pressure on my wrist". Ri spoke and kissed his cheeks to which he smiled and went to freshen up.

Ri was waiting for hutz when he came freshening up and joined her and they started having their breakfast. After finishing off hutz washed away the plates and they both went towards the balcony looking at the view.

"This is so peaceful". Hutz said and ri hummed in response. He turned to face her to see a peaceful smile on her face making him to smile to.

They made their inside to prepare their lunch when their phone beeped with a message. They reached their phone and saw whip's and Gina's message stating not to bring lunch as gina has prepared their lunch with his and he is bringing it for them.

They thanked them and looked at watch and decided to check on maxi, jess and than leave for work. They made their way towards their apartment and knocked the door to which jess opened it.

"Good morning jess". They wished and he wished back and got inside to see them having breakfast.

"Good morning big brother". Ri said and wrapped her arms around his shoulders making him to smile.

"Good morning baby sis and hutz". He said and continued with his breakfast. They waited for them to finish their breakfast si that they could leave for work.

They left for bondi past 9:30 after reaching they out their things in locker got changed and went towards the tower. Boys and ri were very happy as they were back to the job they love.

They entered the tower to see matt and jeff sitting watching water. "Morning boys". They wished to which they greeted back.

Hutz and others left for their position ri was rostered at tower the entire day due to her injury.

"It feels soo good to be back". Ri said whilst watching water with a smile on her face.

"Yeah we missed you guys having around and now you are back we will have a lot of fun". Jeff said and ri nodded. Ri spotted a swimmer with life jacket on and radioed.

"Central to middle South a swimmer has drifted 150 meters out with a life jacket on bring him back to shore i guess he has no idea he has drifted that far out". Ri radioed laughing and both matt and jeff turned to have a look.

"Copy that jake is going in". Came max's voice laughing. "Damn that is so hilarious but atleast he is isn't Drowning". Jeff said laughing and they agreed.

Jake brought him in and radioed, "He doesn't know swimming so wore a life jacket and gone in he did not have any idea that he was that far away from shore". He said laughing.

"Atleast he used his brain for his own safety". Matt said laughing.

"God I love this place". Ri said with a smile on her face and they agreed to it. They were watching water when there was a knock on the door. Ri went to answer it.