Chapter 32 - Happy New Year

Here is another update. Avoid grammatical mistakes. Hope you all are doing good.

Ri had a opening shift with deano, harries, hutz, gonz and chappo. Their shift was starting 2 hours early than usual to handle the drunk people and look out for them and make sure they are ok.

Hutz and ri reached the tower at 4:50 bringing in coffee for the boys and waiting for them to arrive. They opened the tower shutters and made their way inside to see the boys had arrived, ri handed them their coffee greeting them morning.

Many people were down on the beach after new years party to start their new years day with sunrise or a swim in ocean.

Ri and gonz made their way downstairs towards the tunnel to set up the beach and check on the people sleeping and waking them up.

In tower discussion was going on planning ri's birthday surprise. "She has forgotten her birthday for sure, i don't think her birthday was even celebrated by her not so good family".Hutz said looking around the beach.

"Yeah we have already planned her surprise and everyone is coming to help in for set up". Chappo said.

"We even got her shift changed, once the set up is done hop will give in a call to her stating that someone has call in sick and she has to cover up and she won't deny it". Harries said grinning.

"Tomorrow's day she won't be able to forget we will make it memorable for her". Deano said.

"I even got a promise ring made specially for her, i hope she accepts my proposal". Hutz said smiling looking at others.

"She won't reject your proposal and i m sure about it". Harries said grinning. They got back to their business.

Meanwhile ri and gonz were setting up the beach, "Baby girl you are putting up the first flag of new years on the beach". Gonz said digging a hole with the shovel and ri pulled up the first flag of new year.

Soon they set up the beach and started waking up drunk people, honking using megaphones and nudging them and they were even wished a new year by the beach goers. Couples were busy doing their stuffs not even caring that they are on the beach.

"Jeez can't they just get a room for doing stuffs". Ri said making a face making gonz to laugh.

"You never know what surprise bondi has in store for you". Gonz said laughing making ri to laugh along.

They had already given oxygen to many people, when they spotted a girl getting out of the buggie they went to her as she was unresponsive.

"Can you hear me?". Ri asked monitoring her pulse but it was faint.

"Gonz bring in oxygen she has a faint pulse". She squeezed her traps and rubbed her sternum but nothing worked. The pulse was dropping too.

"Ri to central call an ambo a girl in her mid teens has a faint pulse but it unresponsive and her pulse is dropping too, bring the defib down ". Ri radioed and looked at the girl carefully and realised something.

"Copy that chips is bringing in the defib where are you guys". Deano said.

"We are just in front of the tower near waters edge and i know this girl few weeks ago she had passed out in women's toilet on promenade due to drug overdose". Ri radioed the info.

Chappo came with the defib, "Her pulse is fluctuating from faint to strong and at a moment we couldn't feel anything, i haven't seen such a drastic change in pulse ever". Gonz told and soon paramedics came and we briefed them about her condition.

Chappo went back to the tower. Gonz and ri went back to waking up people until their radio went off, "Central to rhino get down at backpackers quickly a bloke has lost his foot from sandbank and is starting to go under". Harries radioed.