Chapter 11 - After Effects

Avoid grammatical mistakes. Enjoy this update.

Harrison pov:

Ri had slept off, but she was sleeping in a very uncomfortable position. I  told the boys to talk softly as ri has slept off, she needed rest after what happened today and she didn't even had a peaceful sleep last night. Maxi suggested me to make Ri sleep in hop's office on the couch where she could sleep comfortably.

Everyone agreed to it, everyone kissed ri forehead and i picked her up and made my way towards hop's office in the pavilion. I entered hop's office with a sleeping ri in my arms gaining hoppo's attention. As soon as hoppo saw ri in my arms he shoot up from his seat with a worried expression on his face.

"What's wrong, is she ok?" hoppo said while caressing ri's hair. "She slept off being tired of all the happenings and due to the effects of pain killers, she was sleeping uncomfortably on the chair so i brought her here so that she can sleep comfortably on the couch without disturbance" i told hoppo whilst laying ri on the couch and adjusting her leg in a comfortable position.

"Good that you brought her here she shouldn't be left alone after today's incident she must be pretty exhausted after all the happening.". Hop told me whilst covering with a blanket.

"Yeah she was pretty much drained out and she even cried back in tower, she just told that she saw a glimpse of herself in liam the boy whom she stopped from taking such a drastic step, she needs rest for now, i will take a leave now". I told hoppo making my way back to tower after kissing her temple.

In tower on shift were me, maxi and whippet, others were scattered around the beach doing rescues. Sighing i took a seat and picked up the binos i spotted a swimmer dropping off the sandbank in backpackers rip "Central to Reidy, a swimmer has dropped off sandbank 50 meters from shore you might need to go out for a paddle". I radioed. "Copy going in" came Reidy's answer. I saw him strip off and running in water with rescue board and paddling to the patient and bringing him back to shore.

"Hutz i heard you came to work 5:45, but you weren't starting before 7". Whippet told me while grabbing a water bottle.

"Mate, we left around 1 when did you sleep than if you came early for work". Maxi exclaimed with an amused voice.

"I slept off after you went but around 3 in the morning i was woken up by Ri's screaming she was having a nightmare, it was the same girl she rescued died in front of her and everyone blaming her for it, after calming her down and putting her back to sleep, i tried sleeping but wasn't able to sleep so came up early for work". I told them sighing.

"Poor girl, she was so frightened that see was having nightmares about the incident and was telling that we won't leave her like her family did". I continued telling them about the incident. Whip was shocked and maxi was shocked but not as much as whip stating that he knows something which we were missing.

"Maxi spit it out what do you know that we aren't aware of" i asked him and went back to watching the water.

"Umm i don't know much but as you know i consider her as my baby sis, she told me that how lucky she is to have a brother who is ready to take all her tantrums, unlike her real brother which she whispered in a very low voice mostly to herself but i heard it, and asked her what was that for to which she said its a story for another time not wanting to make things uncomfortable i changed the topic". Maxi said giving us the details.

"Something big must have happened in her past she even admitted that she has been through emotional and physical abuse while talking to liam, she even broke down in tower, we won't ask her until she is comfortable and ready to share". Said whippet sighing and we nodded in agreement. I saw a person come out of the surf and collapsed on the sand.