Chapter 17 - A Glimpse Of Past

Hii guys back with another update. Hope you all are doing good. Enjoy this update. Avoid grammatical mistakes.

After packing off the equipments all the boys came back to the tower. Ri sat there waiting for hoppo to come. Deano, harries and corey were grinning looking at Ri . While whip, chappo, bacon, gonz, reidy and maxi were waiting for an explanation and other were clueless.

Soon hoppo came,"Alright the one who aren't aware it is to let you boys know that Ri's fitness test was taken today in morning". Hop said making the other boys aware of the happenings. All the boys looked at me with smile.

"I tell you boys better buckle yourself up for the competition that ri is going to give you, start training yourself she will definitely make you boys look bad ". Hop said making everyone to look at ri and question." Why and how".

"She is setting records she beats bisho's time in pool setting a new record of 7:44 ". Hop said and everyone's eyes widened in shock and surprise before anyone could speak hop continued

" Not only this she even set a new record in the ocean swim, surf and sand run i.e 17:12 and that to not the normal 600 meter course but a bit longer 800 meter course". Hop completed with a huge grin on his face.

Everyone looked at ri with their mouth open and shock written on their face. "How" was their only question.

"When i am swimming i just cut myself off the world, i always have a song running in my mind that helps me to concentrate on my strokes and pace". Ri told them with a flush face and everyone gaped at her.

"You must have trained pretty hard in the pool for this?". Asked Jeff.

"Actually i haven't been trained for it at all, i never went to learn swimming ". Ri said making them look at her with Surprise.

"You must be kidding me". Said whip. "No i m serious, I used to work at a pool as a cleaner to earn a living, one day i was cleaning around the pool and a gentleman got a cramp and he was on the deep end of the pool, no one was around and he started panicking so i jumped without thinking twice and brought him out of the pool that's when i got to know that i know to swim without even being trained for it". Ri told them sheepishly.

"No way you must be kidding me, you did not learn swimming and you dived in the pool to save a life". Chappo exclaimed with surprise and so does everyone.

"You are naturally talented aren't you baby girl". Jess exclaimed and everyone nodded.

"In fact after that i never got in the pool again, since my parents came to know about it and they never allowed me to do things i love and then i was beaten up badly by my brother in front on my parents because i was being praised for what i did, but they did not do anything to stop him, one day i managed to sneak out from home when they weren't around and went to a beach to train myself that was the first and the last time i went to a beach and i managed to pull an ocean swim and got to know that humming a song helps me to keep my pace up and concentrate on my strokes". Ri said embarrassed while looking down at her lap playing with her fingers.

Silence prevailed in the tower nobody dared to speak anything for 2 minutes.

"You are messing with us right?". Gonz said breaking the silence.

"No why would i do that i m dead serious". Ri said looking at everyone who were wearing amused expression on their face.

"So when was the last time you swimmed before coming here?". Hop asked ri.

"Umm maybe 4-5 years ago i guess". Ri told them. This news was to difficult for them to digest.

"No ways baby sis, you seriously are very talented then, after not swimming for around 4-5 years one would forget swimming and you performed a rescue". Maxi exclaimed pulling me in a hug.