- merman

Lami is alone on the beach as it is her turn to guard the beach they owned.

its still 2 PM don't worry.

she took her speakers on her bag and placed it in thee white sand, she played CLC's Hoblogoblin as she danced to it.

this is what she love to do when she is alone.

she stopped on her tracks when she heard a loud splash from the sea near her. she took a glance at it and found nothing.

shivers went down to her spine as she felt someone staring at her.

she took her pepper spray and sprayed it around her, expecting that someone would get hit by it. but she found none.

she heard a chuckle near her, this made her look like a paranoid.

"go near me and i'll kill you" she shouted.

she took her bag and was about to leave when she heard her name being called.

"SUNGKYUNG" a person called.

its a voice of a man since it is deep. she looked at her back and found no one, she swiftly ran towards the nearest hut.

after an hour, she felt relaxed and decided to take a swim. she wore her rashguard and shorts beneath her oversized longsleeve and skirt.

she smiled as she took a picture of the sun infront her. she didn't notice a man smiling in the picture and put her camera back to the hut.

she walked towards the shore and tip toed when she felt the water hit her ankle.

she soon dived in the water and smiled when the ray of sun hits her skin.

she felt someone tugging her feet, she disregarded it because she thought its just a stone.

this time, she gasped loudly when a hand touched it and pulled her down.

she took a look on whoever pulled her and found a man with a tail of a fish.

"AAAAAAAAA" she shouted when she got up. the merman also got up and smiled at her.

"hi?" he said, she looked at him intersely and then fainted making the merman startle.

"what should I do?" he said as he scooped the girl in his arms.

he swam to the shore where he is usually staying and landed her there.

he decided to try the things he would see when someone would drown, the CPR.

he pumped Lami's chest and followed what he would see, he put his ear on her chest and felt it bouncing.

"ooooo what is that" he said, amused.

he did the CPR again and put his head on Lami's chest, it bounced again.

he giggled and stared at the girl.

"ooooo she is pretty" he said and looked closely.

he suddenly leaned back when she coughed, he fake coughed too and looked at the sand.

she got up and squinted her eyes to see who saved her.

"excuse me mister? may I know your name?" she said, still squinting her eyes.

the merman looked infront and smiled, "im Jisung" he said.

'she is a lot prettier when alive' he thought

"oh Jisung-ssi thank you for sav-AAAAAAAAA" she shouted when she saw Jisung's tail.

he got startled and quickly covered her mouth.

"shhhhh no one should know me" he said and Lami nodded.

"s-so uhm mermaids really are true huh?" she spoke and Jisung smiled as he nodded.

"but I am a boy so I am a merman" he said as Lami gave him an amused expression.

"hey human, I wanna show you something" he said as he took out his hand. Lami hesitatingly took out hers and once she held his, he dragged her to the shore.

"hold my neck," he said and Lami followed.

he swam as fast as he can to impress the girl as she shouted in glee.

"WOOOOOWW THIS IS AMAAAZING" she shouted and laughed.

"glad you liked the small trip" Jisung said as she led her to a huge stone where it would cover the two.

he took a pearl from the stone and gave it to Lami. she gave him a huge smile.

"wow is this real pearl?" she said, smiling. she bit it and it really is hard.

"it really is" she innocently said making Jisung smile.

he lifted her to the stone as he rested his head on the stone.

she indian squatted and talked.

"are mermaids really true? do they labor kids? or you are just casted to a spell because I heard there's this witch around here but died soon" she said fastlt making thee merman smile and chuckle.

"first, I am real. second, they don't. and lastly, yes, I am casted to a spell. the witch who died is the one who gave me a curse" he said as he rested his head on his palm.

Lami gave him a sympathetic look and pouted.

"how would you stop the curse anyways?" she said making Jisung's face lit up.

"you will help me?!" he said loudly and Lami replied " it depends"

"it said that I should know who my human partner is, I forgot what do they call it. is it lave? lob? rob?" Jisung tried to guess the cure and Lami laughed.

"love?" she said making Jisung point at her with a yes.

"it also says when I found her, she should love me and I should do the same. no need any extensions" he said making Lami smile.

"sooo tell me more about your past so that I could help you" she said.

"oh yeaah!! about that, it also said that she is from my past so its good to remember it"

"so tell me more about your past"

"so I was 9 when I got this curse and before that, I have 2 childhood friends. one is chinese, he is just a year older than me and we are close because he used to sing and I dance. the other one is a girl, she has this dimple like yours and we are close because we used to be classmates till we got old then she followed her papa towards Busan from an unknown reason and now I don't know where they are now."

His words made Lami stop on her tracks.

"oh and I have a new birthmark on my shoulder after I got the curse" he said and showed her his birthmark that engraved the letter 'L'

she looked at him, teary eyed.

"I also have a childhood friend, I came back from Busan and was about to find him and then they said he is lost, until now he is still haven't found" she said.

Jisung looked at her with a questionable look.

"eh? you and my childhood friend shared the same situation" he said as he smiled.

this made Lami roll her eyes "its because her and I are one" she said.

Jisung froze. "may I know your surname and nickname?"

"i'm kim sungkyung, known as Lami" she said teary eyed.

"you must be Pwark" she said making Jisung smile widely.

"FINALLY!!!" he said as he swam back and forth and back flipped at the water.

Lami giggled and Jisung looked at her.

"are you really Lami? my bestfriend?" he said and the girl nodded.

he slowly lifted himself and sat with her on the stone.

"remember me? Pwark Jichung" he said and Lami smiled, showing her dimples.

she hugged the merman tightly, "I finally found you" she whipered.

"im finally freed now" he whispered back.

Lami opened her eyes and saw Jisung's long legs instead of his tail.

He's wearing the same design of shorts he wore before her got lost.

"JISUNGAH" she shouted making Jisung startle and let go.

he looked at his feet and saw his milky white legs and shorts.

he stared at it carefully and touched it.

"IT REALLY IS REAL" he said and hugged Lami.

"yes Ji, it is" she replied.

the two stayed in position for good 2 minutes before they let go.

"let's go back home now" she said and they both dived to the water and they arrived at the shore.

Lami stood up first and helped Jisung stand up.

once he stood up, he ran and jumped here and there like a child.

"YAH JISUNG YOU ALMOST FORGOT THAT YOU GOT NO TOP SO QUIT RUNNING AND GO TO THE HUT TO GET MY EXTRA TOWEL" she shouted making Jisung stop and cover his top.

he ran towards the top and took Lami's extra towel and covered his torso.

"good thing you are here to help" he said and Lami smiled, she walked towards Jisung and hugged him again.

"I missed you idiot" she whispered.

"I missed you too idiot" he replied making them both laugh.

guess what, none of them realized that they are meant for each other as what the cure said. they're too immersed on the hug.