1🚒

Life is finally getting back to normal or normal as I call it

Life is finally getting back to normal or normal as I call it. After doing my tours overseas I don't know who I am. I've always been a marine and that's it and now I have to rediscover who I am.

I came back to Oak Island North Carolina where I was born and raised and bought a house on the beach and also picked a new profession and most of all need to try and relax. I've been to tense for too many years.

I sit down on my porch, drinking a beer as I watch the waves. This is what life should be like and it was nice and quiet for a while until my brother and niece moved in as he goes through a divorce.

Levi has had a hard couple of years once he found his wife cheating on him. He tried to fix things with Courtney but it was irreparable. She wanted to live her life kid-free so now Violet is the number one girl in my life. She's the most mature six-year-old I've ever met.

Watching the waves crash back and forth is relaxing so I prop my feet up on the banisters and take a swig of my beer when I see a car pull up next door to the house that's been empty since I've lived here.

A leggy blonde gets out of the Audi and looks around placing her sunglasses on top of her head. She crosses her arms and looks out at the water. I continue to watch her. She's got a nice ass on her and legs for days.

She turns and opens her trunk and grabs two pieces of luggage heads toward the house but she doesn't see me on the porch.

Just what I need a damn woman to distract me like Violet isn't enough already. As I sit here and drink my beer the leggy blonde walks back out of the house and walks down the beach. I watch her nice plump shaped ass until she walks out of sight.

That girl looks like trouble and you stay down little buddy. I take the last sip of my beer and head inside for a little football game.

An hour later Levi and Violet burst through the door. "Uncle Gray we have a new neighbor!" She said.

"We do huh? How do you know muffin?" I asked reaching out tickling her belly.

"Duh, I just saw her going into the house." She sassed and walked to her room.

"That kid doesn't miss anything does she?" I chuckle.

"No she doesn't but she saw her going into the house. Looks your type big brother." Levi smirked.

"Nope, I'm not getting myself mixed up with that," I said looking back at the game.

"Oh, so you did see her?" Levi smirked.

"Yeah I was on the porch drinking a beer when she pulled up but she didn't see me," I said.

Violet interrupted us. "Uncle Gray, will you play tea party with me and daddy?"

"I cant muffin I have to get ready for work," I said ruffling up her hair.

"Ok then maybe you can tomorrow then?" She asked smiling.

"Sure tomorrow its a date," I said getting up and heading to my room to shower and get ready.

Fifteen minutes later I'm dressed and ready to head out the door. Violet runs over and gives me a big hug and kiss before I head out to my truck.

It doesn't even take five minutes to get to the firehouse. When I pull up some of the guys are outside washing the fire truck.

"Hey, Gray!" Pete said while he and Dale and Josh washed on the truck while Ernie and Brett were inside cleaning it out.

"Hey, guys! You guys have it shining." I smile and walk into the fire station and run into the Chief.

"Hey, Chief! How is it going?" I ask.

"It has been nice and slow let's not jinx it." He laughed walking back to his office.

After a slow night on the job, it was time to go home and was a little after 1 am when I pulled into the driveway. I can't help but glance over at that house the leggy blonde is in but don't see any lights on.

I head into the house and change my clothes and walk back out to the kitchen to fix me a sandwich to eat I'm starved and try to be quiet not to wake Violet when some heavy banging was going on the door.

I walk over to the door and look out the peephole to the distraught neighbor. I swing open the door and she's crying and can hardly speak.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask.

"I'm sorry to bother you but please help something is on fire in my house." She said wiping her eyes and wringing her hands.

I slip my shoes on and grab the fire extinguisher from the kitchen and run out the door with her behind me. As soon as I walked into the house I could smell the burning and found some wires smoking in the washroom.

"Where is the breaker box?" I asked her.

"Behind the door, I think." She said.

I pull the door handle and find the breaker box and flip the breaker to cut the power off. Then I pull out the dryer and it was smoking and the bull's tail was on fire.

I take the fire extinguisher to it and put the fire out and unplug the thing. "Don't cut that breaker back on until I can fix this ok?" I said to her.

"Thank you so much I'm sorry if I woke you up I wasn't sure what to do." She said.

"It's ok I'm a firefighter and just got home a few minutes ago so you are in luck. That dryer is probably done for though." I said.

"That's one of the many things that are on my list to fix over here." She laughs.

"I will try and look at it tomorrow for you. I'm Grey by the way." I said smiling at her.

"I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself but I'm Remi." She smiles.

" She smiles