51🍪

The next morning came fast and I'm up getting ready for work

The next morning came fast and I'm up getting ready for work. Gray left a bit ago for work taking enchiladas with him. I made them last night so he could take some with him and share it with Pete.

I get dressed and head out to my car when Levi walks out with Violet. "Hey, guys where are y'all going?" I ask.

"I have to run to work," Levi said.

"Well let Violet come with me. I'm going to bake some cookies." I smile.

"Are you sure? It would be a great help but I didn't want to ask you know." He looks at my stomach.

"Levi you are silly I'm not broke it will be fine. She can stay with me. Come on Violet." I motion to her.

"Bye, daddy! I'm sorry but I want to be with Aunt Remi." She smiled.

"Alright, then thanks a lot I'll come get her if I get off early," Levi said getting in his truck.

"Are you ready to make some cookies today Violet?" I asked her smiling.

"I sure am. I didn't want to go to work with daddy." She sighed.

We pull up at the shop and go in and greet Joy and Hunter and head back to the kitchen. As soon as we walk in my mind flashes back to laying naked on the countertop while Gray ate that cookie out of me.

I shudder and shake my head. "Ok let's get to baking. Wash your hands and get your apron, Violet." I tell her.

I grab my apron and the pans and get some mixtures so we can make something new.

"How about a popcorn cookie?" I ask Violet.

"Popcorn cookie? Hmm, I've never heard of that Aunt Remi." She said.

"Its just popcorn, and chocolate chips. It's going to taste so good!" I told her.

"Ok, let's bake then." I grab a bowl and put the mixture together and tell Violet to stir while I pop some popcorn.

I help her mix it all up once we add the popcorn and get the cookies on the sheet.

"I'm so excited." Violet giggled.

We put them in the oven and get started on another mixture. This time Peanut butter pie cookies. Fudge cookie with peanut butter in the middle.

"Aunt Remi it smells so good in here my belly is growling." Violet giggles.

"Well as soon as these come out we will have a snack ok. What flavor slushy you want?" I ask her.

"I want a blueberry!" She said.

"Will you go tell Joy or Hunter we want slushy's, please. I will take cherry." I smile at her and watch her go out in the dining area.

A few minutes later Joy walks back in with Violet carrying our drinks. "Thank you Joy." I smile at her.

"You are welcome. Gosh, it smells so good in here. I smell popcorn." She said.

"That's cause we are making popcorn cookies silly." Violet giggles.

We all three laugh. The timer beeps and I walk over to pull the popcorn cookies out. "Once these cool we will try them," I said to Joy and Violet.

"What is that smell? Popcorn?" Hunter comes through the door.

"Yes, popcorn cookies." I said if the dining area isn't busy stay to have one." I tell Hunter.

We take 2 cookies and split them and share them. It tastes so good. I look over at Violet and her eyes are so big. I can't help but laugh at her.

"Omg, this is so good." Hunter closes his eyes and chews.

"I'm glad you like it. I think it's good too." I said.

"Aunt Remi these are going to sell so fast." Violet giggles.

"I agree with Violet this is my favorite." Joy said.

They head back out front and I pull the fudge peanut butter cookies out of the oven and put on a rack.

"Can you take these out for Joy to put on display Violet?" I ask her.

"Yes, I can Aunt Remi." She smiled and jumped off her stool and took the container out to Joy.

I turned around to pick up the tray and stumbled and slip and go to grab the counter to help my fall and grab the tray and burn my arm.

"Oh shit! JOY! HUNTER!" I shout.

Hunter comes running in the room and sees me on the floor. "Oh, crap Remi are you ok what happened?" He asks.

"I fell and burnt my arm. Will you grab a wet rag for me and grab my phone off the counter please?" I said.

I dialed Gray's phone number.

📞Hey, babe whats up?

📞Gray, I fell and i...

📞What omg are you ok?

📞I tried to stop myself from falling and grabbed a hot pan and burnt my arm. Can you guys come bring the ambulance? I'm sorry.

📞Pete and I will be right there. Don't get up and don't move ok?

📞I promise I won't. Hunter is with me. I love you.

📞Love you too baby be right there.

"Your uncle and Gray are on their way. He said for me to stay on the floor." I said.

"Why stay on the floor if you just hurt your arm?" Hunter asked.

Joy and Violet walk in the room and Violet is crying. I reach for her to pull her in my arms. "I'm ok Violet I just had a fall but your Uncle Gray is coming to help me ok?" I said to her kissing her head.

"Ok Aunt Remi. Can I just sit on the floor with you?" She asked.

"Of course... Will you hold my hand?" I ask Violet.

"Yes!" She said.

"Joy will you gather up the cookies off the rack and get them out in the display please and Hunter will you cut the oven off for me?" I ask.

The do as I ask and Joy goes and checks on customers when Hunter stays with me. He's worried and not sure what to do for me.

"Hunter you can go back out front. I'm going to stay right here with Violet. Thanks for helping me though." I tell him.

I snuggle Violet in my arms and lay my head on top of hers until Gray shows up.