33🚒

Once we made it back to her place she begins cooking because her parents were coming to eat with us before their trip back home the next day

She made steak and mashed potatoes and green beans and mac and cheese and rolls. How she made it that fast is beyond me.

Once she gets it all on the table and placing silverware there was a knock on the door. I open it and let them in.

"Oh, honey this smells so good." Her mom said.

"Thanks, mom you guys come and sit at the table." She smiles.

"You haven't changed anything since I was here last." Her dad said.

"I haven't had time really. I was going to but lost track at the shop." She smiled.

As we sit down digging in I could just tell her dad was going to ask a bunch of questions. "So tell me how did you two meet I mean besides being neighbors.

"Funny thing she umm come beating on my door at one in the morning because her dryer was on fire and needed help. She had no clue I was a firefighter and I had just got off shift." I laugh.

"And I felt bad for acting crazy so when he came the next day to fix the dryer I made dinner and he stayed to eat." Remi smiled.

"That food suckered me in and we started jogging together of the mornings because let's face it her cooking is going to make me fat and then I can't rescue kittens from trees." I laugh.

Her dad laughs out loud with a belly laugh. "My girl sure can cook. Between Ruth and her mother, she learned a lot."

"Well, my mom taught her the whole cookie thing because I can't take credit for that," Ruth said.

"Oh mom you were always showing me something." I smiled.

"So what's your favorite Gray?" Ruth asked.

"In cookies definitely the strawberry and as for food had to be the enchiladas she made me the other day and I took to work and shared with Pete and Chief," I said.

"Dad Gray got promoted the other day to captain." Remi smiled.

"Wow, congrats that's a big accomplishment Gray," Dad said.

"Thanks, I appreciate that. When I got out of the military I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life and then I met Pete and got sucked in." I said.

"What branch were you in Gray?" Ruth asked.

"Marines. I served for eight years and decided I wanted to come home. Which I'm still figuring that out." I smirk.

"Thank you for your service," Wyatt said.

"I was an army brat. My dad served for twenty-five years and it was an experience that I thought I wanted. I served four years when I met Ruth and I got out." Wyatt said.

"When you got out were you lost not knowing what you wanted to do?" I ask him.

"I was and then decided I wanted to be a history teacher. I have taught over twenty years at the high school." Wyatt said.

"Wow, that's awesome," I said.

"Everyone loves dad at the school. when I went there they thought he was so cool." Remi giggles.

While Remi and her mom were cleaning up the kitchen Wyatt and I walked out to sit on the porch and drink a beer.

"I'm trusting my daughter with you Gray. I hope you don't let me down." He said.

"Sir I'm in love with your daughter and I only want what's best for her," I said.

"I can see the way you look at her. The way I look at my Ruthie. Plus you gave her the money to open up her dream shop and I'm grateful." He said.

"I would do anything for her that's why the next step seems logical. Now I haven't bought a ring or anything but I'm planning to." I said.

"You want to marry my dumpling?" He asked.

"I do sir. I've never been in love until I met Remi and I want her to be my wife. With your permission of course." I smile.

"You got it, son. You are a great guy and I can see you love Remi." He smiled as the two women walk out on the porch.

"Do you guys come out here often?" Ruth asked.

"We do some evenings when it's cool out and sometimes we even go sit in the sand mom," Remi said.

After hugs and goodbyes, they headed on their way back to the motel and we walk inside and over to the couch.

"I like your dad he's cool to talk to," I said.

"That's why he's the favorite teacher in the high school." She laughs.

"Dale is back to the doctor tomorrow so I have to cover his shift and probably mine too so it's going to be a long day for me tomorrow," I said.

"That sucks that I won't see you all day." She frowns.

"That doesn't mean you can't visit me after you close the shop if you want." I smile.

"You just want my leftover cookies." She giggles.

"I want more than that!" I said reaching over to tickle her.

"We better get to bed so you can rest since tomorrow is going to be so long." She giggled.

She jumps up and runs into the bedroom and I'm right behind her. I wrap my arms around her from behind and kiss her neck. "I love you Remi," I said.

"I love you more Gray." She turns around and kisses my lips. I pull her closer and hold her tighter and kiss her again before letting her go.

We get in bed and cuddle up and kiss until it gets heated and before you know it I'm on top of her with her legs over my shoulders giving her what she wanted.

I can't lie I wanted it too. I always want her and that's why the next day I'm off I'm going to buy her a ring.