53🍪

I'm trying to focus on Gray's handsome face then what Giles is doing to my arm

"So Giles have you heard of my wife's cookie shop on the beach?" Gray asks him.

"Umm, I don't think so. What's it called?" He asked.

"Cookie Grounds. She owns it and makes some of the best cookies I've ever tasted." Gray said.

"That's how I got burnt. I was making cookies with my niece and I don't know what happened." I said.

"What flavors did you make today baby?" Gray asked.

"Umm popcorn chocolate chip and a fudge cookie with peanut butter in the center," I said.

"Man, that sounds really good. I'm going to have to come down and check you guys out." Giles smiled.

"Well we are open every day from 8 am to 7 pm so come try some cookies." Gray smiled.

Talking about cookies so much I didn't focus on the pain and now I'm all wrapped back up.

"Well, I didn't feel that with all the cookie talk." I smiled at Gray and he winked at me.

After Giles left Dr. Kent came in to check the baby. "So where are my cookies? I mean you didn't have to get hurt to come see me again." He laughed.

"Sorry, doc we didn't bring any cookies were in to much of a rush." Gray laughed.

"Let's take a look at this baby and see how it is." Dr. Kent sit down and was looking at the monitor.

I grab Gray's hand and squeeze it and he brings it up to his lips and kisses my knuckles.

"Well, folks everything looks good here. The baby is moving and seems to be fine. Still, a little too early to tell anything on the gender though." He said.

"Well, we are glad to hear everything is fine with the baby. I was so worried about that." Gray said.

"Let's get you cleaned up and get you discharged. I'm sure Giles went over with you how to take care of that wound?" Dr. Kent asked.

"Yeah, he said we could do it at home. So how long do I need to do that?" I ask him.

"Probably a month but you can get Mr. Firefighter to look at it for you." Dr. Kent laughed.

"Or I will have her come to the station and get Josh to look at her since he is the one who brought her in. He's the expert." Gray laughs.

"Oh yeah, my boy is smart huh?" Dr. Kent laughed. Signing the paperwork and discharges us to go.

"You ready babe? We are going to have to call a cab or something we don't have a way home." Gray laughed.

We walk outside to sit on the bench to make a call when Diane pulled up. "Diane, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Levi told us what happened and I thought you guys might could use a ride home." She smiled.

"That's very sweet of you. If you don't mind to drop us off at the fire station so I can drive her home." Gray said.

"No problem. But are you ok?" Diane asked.

"Second-degree burns and I have to change this out for a month more than likely but I feel fine and the baby is fine," I said.

"I'm glad all is ok sweetie," Diane said as we pulled up at the fire station.

We get out and head inside where the guys are sitting. "Hey there Remi! How are you feeling?" Pete asks.

"I'll survive." She said and laughed.

"This one is tough. We came to pick up my stuff and the truck. Heading home so she can rest. Thanks again Josh for all your help." Gray said.

"No problem I'm just glad you're ok." He said.

"Your dad said I should probably let you check it for me so you may get tired of seeing me, Josh." I laugh.

"Just bring cookies and we are good. Speaking of that I smelled popcorn when we came in to get you." Josh said.

"Yup popcorn and chocolate chip. They were delicious." I laugh.

"Oh man, I need some of those." He laughed.

"When I feel up to it ill make you some." I smile as we walk out to the truck.

"Come on cookie momma get your cute ass in the truck," Gray said pushing my butt up in the seat.

Once home he helps me change into something more comfortable and helps me to bed while he jogs down the beach to get my car and bring it home.

I doze off to sleep when my phone rings and it's my dad.

📞Hey dad!

📞Hey, dumpling! How are you feeling?

📞How do you know I feel bad?

📞Gray called us and told us what happened so we didn't worry.

📞We are doing ok. I have second-degree burns and the baby is ok. So I'm fine.

📞Glad to hear that dumpling! You know we worry about you.

📞Thanks, dad but I'm ok just tired.

📞Ok ill let you rest call if you need anything you hear?

📞Yes dad I hear. I love you guys.

📞We love you too dumpling! Bye

📞Bye.

I lay my phone on the bedside table and doze off to sleep. I don't know how long I have slept but I wake up a while later to find Gray on the couch watching tv.

"Hey, sleepyhead!" He grins.

"Hey, babe why didn't you wake me up?" I ask.

"You need the sleep after what you have been through so I left you alone. How do you feel about Chinese tonight? I don't want you cooking." He said.

"Sounds good babe just order it then. You know what I like." I said sitting down beside him.

He pulls out his phone and orders up a bunch of stuff for us. "It should be here in 20 minutes or so. So how are you feeling?" He asks pulling my feet into his lap rubbing them.

"I'm ok I mean sore and I'm beating myself up that I cant make cookies with both hands but I still need to figure out the cookie situation." I sigh.

"As long as your arm is wrapped you can make cookies babe and you have plenty of helpers." He winks at me.