23🚒

When I walk outside Remi is already sitting in the sand in a little white bikini

I walk down and sit beside her. "Fancy meeting you here." I laugh.

"Anyone ever told you how handsome you are." She giggled.

I smile at her and lean over and kiss her. "Want to get in the water?" I ask her.

"Sure let's do. It's hot enough out here for sure." She said getting up and running to the edge of the water.

God, she looks hot in that bikini. I run after her and wrap my arms around her and swing her around as we go deeper into the water.

She wraps her legs around me and her arms around my neck and leans in for a kiss.

"You have the most beautiful eyes, Gray. They are so different." She said.

"Thanks, I get them from my mom." I smile.

"I bet she was a wonderful woman. I wish I could have met her." She said.

"Me too." I choke back and try to change the subject. My dad is dating and trying to move on and I don't blame him for seven years is a long time but I'm not ready to see him with someone else.

"So you think Irene and Dub will be out of the place soon?" I ask her.

"I hope so soon but I need to order a few things. Like a new case so I can display cookies and some items for the kid's room." She said.

"Well, why don't we go do that once we get out of the water," I said.

"Well, I'm going to have to wait till I make money I don't have the funds to buy stuff." She said.

"Remi I want to help all I can to get you up and running. Let's run downtown and get some stuff." I said.

After our shower, we head downtown to look at her a new display case. I know just the man. I smirk to myself as we pull up.

"So I know I can get you a discount here because this store belongs to my dad," I said.

"Your dad? Wow, now I'm nervous to meet him." She smiled.

"Don't be nervous he's a very cool down to earth guy. Come on I want to introduce my girlfriend." I smile at her.

We walk in the door and I spot dad right away. "Hey, Dad!" I said.

"Hey, son! What brings you by and who is the lovely lady with you?" He said.

"Dad this is Remi, my girlfriend." I smile.

"Girlfriend well then its nice to meet you Remi. I'm Davis." He said

"Nice to meet you, Davis." She smiles.

"So we came to get a display case. Remi here has bought the coffee shop on the beach and she is redoing and Levi is going to do some remodeling."I said.

"Well, congrats on the new business Remi. Son, you know where the cases are go have a look." Davis said.

"Thanks, dad." I grab Remi's hand and we weave in and out through all kinds of furniture until we reach the displays.

"Which one do you like?" I ask her.

"That one! The one with the wood grain around it. That will look pretty in the store." She smiled.

"How about some new chairs too? Maybe some table clothes as well?" I ask her.

"Those chairs do suck." She laughs.

"Dad sells those too. Mostly commercial items for businesses." I said.

"Oh, cool yeah let's look at chairs and maybe umbrellas for outside if he has them?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, he does," I said walking to find the chairs.

An hour later we get everything we need and Dad will have it all delivered on Friday.

"Son, why don't you guys come over for dinner one night? I would love for us to sit down with Diane and let the two women meet." Davis said.

"That will be nice dad just let us know the day because I'll have to see if I'm working or not," I said as we walk out the door.

"You really don't want to do the dinner do you?" She asked.

"Not really but if you will go with me I'll go. I mean Diane isn't a bad person I just hate her with dad." I shrug.

"I don't understand but I hope you will change your mind. Especially if you see how happy your dad is with her," Remi said.

On the way home I can't help but think of what Remi said. If he's happy why should I care? I have to believe my mom would want him to be happy.

"You ok Gray? You are awful quiet." She asked.

"I was just thinking about what you said is all." I smile over at her.

Remi's phone starts ringing.

📞Hello?

📞Remi dear its Irene. The offer on the house was approved and we can move in right away. Can you guys come back to help me?

📞Sure Irene we will be right over.

"So they can move in right away and she wants us to help move their boxes." She said.

"Ok let's go get that done. The sooner the better so you can get things figured out." I said heading to the coffee shop.

Two hours later we got all the boxes moved to their new place and it's nice and quiet and away from the beach. Irene and Dub seem so happy.

"Let's go home so I can heat us up some lasagna and maybe we can finally relax." She said.

"Relax? I'm hoping for a repeat of last night." I laugh.

"That can be arranged don't you worry." She smiles over at me and laces her fingers in mine.

By the time we finish eating and actually sit down in front of the tv its 11 pm and we are both beat.

"Shit I forgot to call my dad he's going to be upset with me." She said grabbing her phone.

"Call him I'll wait." I smile over at her.