57🍪

Business has picked up so much that most days I need Joy helping me with cookies while Hunter runs upfront

Business has picked up so much that most days I need Joy helping me with cookies while Hunter runs upfront. I never thought it would be this successful with cookies.

Today I decided to make a Sierrah cookie. I haven't decided what it will be yet though.

I grab my grandma's old recipe box and start looking through the recipes in her handwriting to see what I can come up with.

I look through the recipes until one catches my eye. A Butterfinger cookie. That sounds delicious.

I get out all the ingredients and start to mix it all up. And it isn't long until I'm scooping them out onto the cookie sheet. My stomach is already rumbling I'm hungry.

I get them in the oven and manage to walk out front for a slushy. A cherry slushy always hits the spot. I walk outside and sit under one of the umbrella tables.

Wasn't long I was lost in thought when Hunter walked out to tell me the timer was going off in the kitchen.  "Thanks will you take the cookies out and cut the oven off for me? I will be right there." I said.

I finish my drink and head inside to find Hunter putting them on the cooling rack. I guess he has paid attention.

"Thanks, Hunter!" I smile.

"Your welcome that smells good. Almost like a Butterfinger." He laughs.

"That's because it is. I made this cookie for Sierrah even tho she won't be able to eat one for a long while." I laugh.

He walks around and gathers up my mess and cleans it up for me while I sit on my pregnant rump and watch him.

"I appreciate all of your extra help around here since I'm as big as a house and can't do much." I laugh.

"I don't mind. I like working here feels like family away from home." He smiles.

"That's sweet of you Hunter. Just wait until I ask you to change a diaper." I giggle.

"Ummm I don't know about that Remi." He laughs just as Gray walks in the door.

"What's with all the laughing guys?" He asks.

"I was trying to talk Hunter into diaper duty Gray." I laugh.

Gray laughs and his eyes light up when we talk about Sierrah. I love watching him. He's the most dreamy man I've ever laid my eyes on.

"Babe, did you hear me?" He asks.

"No sorry what did you say?" I ask.

"Can I have one of these cookies?" He smirked.

"They are Sierrah's." I smile.

"Ummm well she can't eat them." He laughed.

"I know that silly. I made them in honor of her. I found the recipe in my grandmas box. But sure you can have one. You too Hunter and I want one. Sierrah must try them." I laugh

"This is delicious babe. What is it?" Gray asked.

"A Butterfinger cookie," I said before taking another bite. It does taste good. Takes me back to my grandma's kitchen and me sitting on a stool around Violet's age baking with her.

"Remi why are you crying?" Gray asks walking over to me.

"Sorry Hormones... I was thinking back to when I used to make these with my grandma." I sniff.

"I'm sorry babe that's she's not here." Gray kisses my temple.

"But she is through these cookies, Gray." I smile up at him with tears in my eyes.

He quickly brushes the tears away with his thumb and leans down and kisses my lips gently. "She's always in your heart babe."

"I know... It's just I had so many fond memories baking cookies with her and I just miss her." I sniff as I began to gather up stuff to go home.

"Let's go home and change and go sit on the beach and relax." He said.

"That sounds good," I said wiping my face before we go out into the dining area.

He follows me home in his truck and we head inside to change. Gray grabs a blanket and we head outside. He spreads it out and we sit down sticking our feet in the sand.

I lean my head over on him and sigh. He lifts my chin and kisses me.

"So tell me about your grandma. What was her name?" He asked.

"Ruthy. My mom was named after her. I used to spend almost every weekend with her and my cousin. She was the best cook I know." She sniffed.

"You have any pictures of her?" He asked.

"Actually I do. It was the first time I made a cookie with her. My grandpa, he took the pic. I was so happy to say I cooked." I smile.

"I want to see that picture when we go in." He smiled and pulled me closer wrapping his arm around me.

"Thank you for listening and letting me talk and cry. It's mostly hormones but... Gray, can we go to the graveyard?" I ask.

"For?" He asks.

"I want to tape Sierrah Alice sonogram on your mom's grave. She is watching over her grandbaby I just know it." I try to smile with tears in my eyes.

His eyes are welled up with tears as well. "Maybe stop for some pink roses too?" He asked.

"Let's go, babe," I said getting up off the blanket wiping the sand off of me

By the time we got back from the graveyard, it was late and we headed to bed.

"Here Gray here is the pic I was talking about," I said.

He looks at it and smiles. "Wow, you were cute." He smiles and lays it back on the dresser.

"I was so proud of making that ginger snap cookie," I said getting in bed.

I watch him strip down. His body is so amazing I watch his muscles tighten and it turns me on.

"You ok babe? You are staring at me like you could eat me." He laughs.

"That's because I most definitely could," I smirk at him as he jumps in the bed beside me.