39🍪

We take Violet next door

We take Violet next door. Levi got home early and we head back over to my house.

"Hey, Remi I made us reservations tonight to a nice restaurant I just want to take my girl out." He said.

"Really? Oh, I'm excited then. Wear something like a dress?" I ask.

"Yeah dress up nice. That's the plan." He said smiling at me.

"Ok what time then are we leaving?" I ask.

"Be ready by 6 and we can head to the restaurant it's a little bit out of town." He said.

"So I have time for a nap? I'm really tired." I yawn.

"Yeah, babe go take you a nap. I'm afraid if I lay down we won't get up." He said.

"We will we can set a clock just in case." I smiled at him.

"Ok, you twisted my arm." He said. We jump in bed and cuddle and fall right off to sleep.

A 4:30 the alarm was going off waking us up. We took a shower and had another round. We can't get enough of each other.

I got out a black low cut dress I haven't worn in a long time and my black sling blacks and fixed my hair and applied a little makeup. I went back to brush my teeth while Gray got ready.

He had on a nice gray long-sleeved button-up shirt that he rolled the sleeves up to the elbow. He had a nice pair of black jeans on with some black shoes.

"You look so good." I smile at him.

"I think I'm supposed to tell you that. You look so beautiful.  I bought you something." He said.

"You did? You didn't have to do that Gray." But what is it?" I giggle.

He walks up behind me and reaches around dangling a necklace. "I got you a necklace with a charm you may think it's silly." He said.

"Never would it be silly if you bought something for me." I turn around and kiss him before looking in the mirror and seeing that the charm is a cookie.

"That's the cutest thing I've ever seen! I love it." I kiss him again before I apply my lipstick. "I'm ready when you are," I said.

"Let's go! We can take your car so you won't have to get in mine with a dress on." He said holding the door open for me.

We get in the car and head out of town.  He slides his fingers between mine and squeezes.

We pull up at this nice restaurant and he walks around and opens my door. He seems nervous but maybe that's because we haven't really been out on a date.

We are seated and Gray orders some wine and it isn't long until our order is placed and he reaches across and grabs my hands. "Thanks for coming out with me tonight." He smiles.

"Of course this is nice Gray." I smile.

It isn't long before our food comes and we laugh and talk and have such a good time.

We are sharing a piece of strawberry cheesecake when Gray laughs. "I should have thought this out better and this is so cliché but here goes." He said standing up and getting down on one knee in front of me.

My eyes are so big and I cover my mouth with my hand. My eyes are pooling with water I'm on the verge of crying.

"Remi I love you more than life itself and over the last couple months have been the best times of my life and I want to spend the rest of my days with you. Will you marry me?" He asked opening the box.

"Oh my Gray! It's beautiful! Yes! Of course, I'll marry you!" I said jumping up to kiss him. People around the room were clapping as he slid the ring on my finger.

He leans in to kiss me again. "You ready to get out of here?"

"I'm more than ready to go." I smile at him and take his hand as we walk out of the restaurant.

On the way home I'm quite smiling looking down at my ring as we pass street lights I can see it sparkle. Once in the house, I ask him if he wants to go sit on the beach and he agreed.

We change clothes and walk down to the beach and Gray sits down and I sit between his legs. I lay my head back on his chest. "I can't believe you proposed to me. I'm so excited Gray." I said.

"I'm glad you are excited. When do you want to get married?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm not sure. Wait until I tell my parents!" I laugh.

"Your dad already knows," Gray said.

"He does?" I ask.

"Yeah, I asked his permission before they left. That night we sit on the porch and drank a beer." He said.

"That makes me happy that you asked him and he said ok. We could have a small ceremony here on the beach with a few friends and family." I said.

"That sounds good to me. Just tell me when and where and I'll be there." He said kissing the side of my face.

"I don't have any friends here can we skip the bridesmaids and stuff and just have me and you and Violet as the flower girl?" I ask.

"If that's what you want babe. The chief is ordained so he could marry us more than likely." He said.

"That would work for me. Then we can have dinner on the beach after and I can make all of your favorites." I smile back at him.

"Don't you want to rest on your wedding day?" He asks.

"Well yeah but I can cook the night before it will work out I swear." I laugh.

"Who will we invite?" He asked.

"My parents, Levi and Violet of course. Ummm your dad and Diane. The firehouse plus Kimmie and Hunter and Joy oh and Irene and Dub too. That's about it I think." I said.

"You got it all worked out. How should we announce our engagement?"

"Let's take a pic of this rock on my hand and send it to everyone." I laugh.

" I laugh