58🚒

The next morning I decided I was going to sneak that picture out of the house and have it blown up

The next morning I decided I was going to sneak that picture out of the house and have it blown up. It has a perfect spot at Cookie Grounds.

"Morning wife! I got a couple of errands to run today so I'll be back in a bit." I lean down and kiss her forehead.

"Ok, I'm going to sleep longer." She yawns.

I grab the pic and slip out the door. She's been going in later of the mornings since she's so much further along. I wish she would stay home and rest but that would drive her crazy.

I pull up at the photo place and describe what I want and they have it ready for me rather quickly and put it in the perfect frame.

I head over to cookie grounds and Hunter helps me hang it up on a bare wall behind the display counter.

"It looks perfect Gray!" Hunter said.

"I think so too. Will you watch her while she's here and make sure she's sitting and stuff?" I ask Hunter.

"For sure I know sometimes she's having a hard time like yesterday." He said.

"Her hormones are out of wack and she just can't help it," I said.

Joy walks out and sees the picture. "Oh, Remi is gonna love it."

"That's what I was going for. Now home to wake her up. See you guys in a bit." I said walking out the door to my truck.

When I get home she's sitting on a stool in front of the stove. "Babe, what are you doing?" I ask.

"Making us omelets. I figured you would be back soon." She smiled.

"Sounds good but no overdoing it, please. I'll grab the orange juice." I said.

"Gray I don't want to feel helpless all the time. " She said digging into her omelet.

"I know babe and I understand but I'm just protecting my girls." I smile and lean over for a kiss.

"I've gotta get ready I have cookies to bake for an actual party today. They requested 50 coconuts and 25 of those cherry chocolate ones and 50 of the unicorn cookie." She said.

"Well get dressed and I will help you today since I'm off work. I will grab your flats for you." I said picking them up by the door.

I return to the bedroom as she's pulling her hair up into a loose bun. "I get too hot in the kitchen it seems now." She said sitting on the side of the bed while I help her with her shoes.

"Come on let's go bake some cookies." I kiss her lips and help her off the bed.

When we walked into Cookie Grounds it was busy. I was watching Remi hoping she would see the picture and as soon as she looked up to smile at Joy and Hunter she saw it and gasp.

She turned around with big tears in her eyes. "When did you do this Gray?"

"This morning! I think it's a fitting picture and when people asked who taught you to make the best cookies you can tell them Ruthie did." I pulled her close.

"I love it thank you. You know just the right things to make me happy." She smiled kissing my cheek.

"I just want to make you happy Remi and keep both my girls safe." I smile.

She takes a picture of the picture and sends it to her mom. She couldn't wait to show her.

"I should of named this place Ruthie's." She smiled waddling back to the kitchen.

"Ok you sit down and tell me what you need and I will get it all out on the counter," I said.

Once all the ingredients were laid out we got started on the cookies. Remi worked on the coconut ones and I started on the cherry chocolate ones.

We laughed and joked all morning while fixing these cookies. I kept stealing looks at my beautiful wife.

"Gray, can you grab those three white boxes? I would say they will be to pick up all these cookies."

"Yeah, babe let me get the unicorn cookies off the rack that way you can make sure you have them all," I said.

She starts putting the coconut ones in the box showing me how she likes them to lay so I follow suit with the cherry ones and then she grabs the unicorn cookies.

"Guys there is a guy out here wanting cookies he ordered." Joy said.

"Be right out with them Joy." Remi smiled.

"Perfect timing babe. You carry one and I'll carry two." I said.

We walk out and see a guy around our age standing at the counter in a suit. "Hey, I'm Gray! You here for the cookies?" I ask him.

"Yeah man, I appreciate your guys doing them for me." He smiled.

"No problem Remi did most of the work but I helped." I laughed.

"Do you have a card with your company on it so I can set it near the company? We are having an investor party and you might get some orders your way." He laughed.

"Sure here you go." Remi smiled and grabbed one from near the register.

"Thanks and my grandpa comes in here every day for a coconut cookie he recommended them to me." The guy smiled.

"We appreciate the business." What's your grandpa look like?" Remi asked.

"Old umm walks with a cane and always has suspenders on." He laughs.

"Gus?" Remi laughs.

"That would be him and I'm Chris. Thanks again but I must run." He smiled.

"Thanks for the business, Chris," I said and Remi smiled.

"I need to make Gus a huge coconut cookie." She laughed.

"You ready to go home babe?" I asked her cleaning up the mess.

"No, but I'm ready to go upstairs and get naked." She giggled.

"You don't have to tell me twice. Let's head upstairs." I said wrapping my hand around her wrist and up to the apartment.