2🍪

My uncle's house was still in great shape

My uncle's house was still in great shape. He took care of it before he got sick. I used to love coming down here as a kid and spend my summers with family. I arrived earlier today and noticed the house beside me had cars in the driveway so at least I have some neighbors.

I walked down the beach to the little coffee shop I used to work at in the summers and saw Mr. and Mrs. Patterson they still run the place surprisingly and I told them I would come in and help out some.

After I got back I took a shower and watched some tv and washed some clothes. I must have dozed off on the couch when I smelled smoke and like a crazy person, I ran outside and next door and beat on the neighbor's door.

I didn't notice him because I was in such a panic but when he cut the breaker and told me his name I noticed how handsome he was not to mention he was a firefighter.

Maybe I will do the nice neighborly thing and make some cookies and take them over. Everyone loves cookies right?

The kitchen was a mess. I made chocolate chip and some with nuts and some with m&ms in them.

I went and changed my clothes and put on a cute summer dress and grabbed the container and headed to the door. Checked myself in the mirror one more time and headed out the door.

I walked across the path onto his porch and knocked once. The door swung open and a cute little girl opened the door smiling.

"Umm hi there! Is your dad home?" I asked.

"Nope he's not but my uncle is." She smiles.

"Violet I told you don't open the door like that," Gray said walking up.

"I'm sorry uncle Gray but it's the pretty lady from yesterday." She giggled.

"Hi I'm sorry to bother you but after you saved me last night I thought I would bake you some cookies," I said holding out the container.

"That was nice of you. Come in! Violet and I are having a tea party and we need cookies. Right, Violet?" He chuckled.

"Yes, we do. Invite her to the tea party Uncle Gray." She tried to whisper.

He arched an eyebrow at me. "Would you like to join us?" He smiled.

"Sure I would love to," I said stepping into the house.

Violet grabbed my hand and took me to the living room where the tea party was taking place.

"This is Mr. Bear and he usually comes too." She giggles.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Bear," I said sitting on the couch.

Gray walks over and joins me on the couch with a glass of kool-aid in his hand. "Tea for you?" He smiled

"Umm sure," I said taking a drink. "Oh good, it doesn't taste like tea."

Violet giggled. "Tea is gross."

"I agree I was afraid to drink it." I laughed.

Gray laughed and relaxed back on the couch and smiled over his cup at both of us.

After the tea party, Violet went to her room to color so Gray and I could talk.

"So how long have you lived here?" I ask.

"About a year I'd say and Violet and her dad Levi have been here about six months."

"So I guess you didn't know my uncle then." I did.

"No sorry, when I moved in it was already empty." He said.

God, he was sexy he had beautiful teeth and smile and perfect brown hair and greenish-brown eyes.

"He only died recently but he had moved in with my mom and well he gave me the place. I spent a lot of summers here years ago." I said.

"I love living on the beach. I spend a lot of time on the porch watching the waves." He smiles.

"It's very peaceful. Well, I better get going I really just wanted to drop off the cookies but thanks for the tea party." I laugh standing up heading to the door.

"No problem. If your home later once Levi gets home I'll try to fix your bulls tail." He said walking behind me to the door.

"Only if you feel like it. I'm going to buy new appliances when I can but I will be home though. Thanks again for last night." I said walking down the steps.

"No problem. See ya in a bit Remi." He smiled.

"Later Gray." I smiled and headed back to my place.

Once inside I couldn't stop thinking about his beautiful smile. He had perfectly straight teeth and his eyes were so different and I could get lost in them.

No, don't think like that. You just got away from a man and you don't want that again.

I go jump in the shower and change into some black leggings and a t-shirt that says Alabama Crimson Tide on it. Uggh I don't even want to think of back home or Jonah.

I decided I should put something on to cook so I start fixing up some stuffed peppers. Something my momma taught me how to do was cook and I love making things.

I make around 8 stuffed peppers and have them on the stove in the big pot cooking making it smell good in here.

I look around I know I need to clean this place up and make it more homely for me and I need to find a real job not just helping out at the coffee shop. Who knows what I want to be but I think I have time.

I finish cleaning up the kitchen and putting dishes in the dishwasher when there was a knock on the door.

When I open the door there is a smiling Gray staring at me. Looks like he showered and cleaned up since I saw him last. I get a wif of his cologne and it smells good.

"Hey, Gray come on in." I smiled.

"Thanks! It sure smells good in here." He chuckled and shut the door.

" He chuckled and shut the door