26🍪

I set straight up in the bed

I set straight up in the bed. Did he say he loved me? Wow, we gotta talk about that later.

I jump in the shower fast and hurried so I could get to the shop to open it. As I'm walking out the door Levi stops me. "Hey, I was wondering if you could take Violet? I have an emergency job." He said.

"Sure I'm headed to open the shop. Just buckle her up." I said.

"Thank you sooo much, Remi. Where is Gray?" He asked.

"He had to go in Dale got hurt," I said.

"Oh man, I hate that. Thanks again I gotta go." He smiled.

"Your welcome. She can be my helper today." I smile over at Violet.

"Yay I can help!" She smiles over at me.

We get to the shop and Violet is such a great helper she makes sure the crayons are in the jars on the table and then she makes sure the kid's room is cleaned up and then tells me how I should place the cookies. We get everything up and running and I let her hit the open sign.

She stays behind the counter with me helping get cookies out to customers

Around 2 pm Levi walks in and up to the counter. "Can I get a strawberry cookie?" He asked.

"You know you gotta pay daddy." Violet giggles.

"It's on the house just give him one please Violet." I smiled.

"Ok but it's the only free one you get daddy." She giggled.

"How was she today?" He asked taking a bite of his cookie.

"She was good she's helped out a lot actually. I let her hand out the cookies." I smile wiping the counter down.

"Thanks for keeping her it was a busy day and I couldn't get away." He said.

"It's ok I didn't mind she was no bother. Right, Violet?" I smile at her.

"Right Remi! I was good Daddy I promise." She smiled.

"I believe you. Let's get going ok?" He said.

"Oh man, but who will give out cookies?" She pouted.

"You can help again I promise. Won't be long and I'll be coming home." I bent down and hugged her.

"Oh don't forget that dinner tomorrow night with the parents and Diane," I said.

"Oh yeah, I about forgot. What time is it again?" Levi asked.

"They wanted to do 8 but I said to late for Violet. So 6 it is." I smile.

"Thanks for looking out for her," Levi said and grabbed Violet and left.

As I was cleaning up before closing a young girl came in smiling. "Hi, can I help you?" I asked.

"I hope so. Umm, I came in yesterday but it was crazy I got a job app." She said.

"Oh, I was hoping you would come
back." I smiled at her.

"I'm Joy." She smiled.

"Remi! Nice to meet you. Can I see the application?" I asked her sitting down.

"Sure here you go." She smiled.

"I was hired here when I was a teen staying for the summer. Do you live here?" I asked her.

"I do and I love coming here and I love the remodel and your cookies are amazing!" She smiled.

"Can you start tomorrow?" I ask.

"Oh god yes! I can anytime." she smiled.

"I open at 8 am so be there a few minutes early and sometimes I have my boyfriends niece with me. Violet, she's a good helper handing out cookies." I smile.

"I will see you before 8 then. Can I get a cherry slushy and a chocolate brownie cookie to go?" She asked.

"Sure follow me and I'll show you how to run the machine."

After Joy left I flipped the closed sign and locked up. I made sure everything was turned off. I grabbed the leftover cookies which wasn't many and headed home.

I haven't heard from Gray all day he must really be busy. I sit the cookies on the counter and go take a shower before I make some dinner. I made some enchiladas and eat and then begin on the cookies.

Around 10 pm there was a knock at my door and I saw it was Gray. "Hey, stranger." I smiled.

"Hey there! Sorry, it's been a busy day and I haven't had time to text you." He said leaning in for a kiss.

"Come sit down I made some
enchiladas and now I'm working on cookies." I smiled.

"Thanks, babe this is good." He said.

"Your welcome! So I hired someone today. The teen who came in yesterday her name is Joy and she starts tomorrow." I said.

"Well, that's great. Are u going to need anyone else?" He asked.

"I was thinking about it why?" I ask.

"Pete's nephew Hunter is looking for a job and Pete told him to come talk to you." He said.

"Sounds good. I figure when I can make cookies at the shop ill need two people to take care of the front." I said.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you dad got you an oven. It came in today and he's going to have it delivered tomorrow and I will install it this weekend." He said.

"Oh, Gray that's awesome! Don't forget dinner tomorrow at 6. I had to remind Levi when he came picked up Violet." I said.

"She went to work with you?" He asked.

"Yeah last-minute thing. Violet was good she helped give people cookies." I smiled.

"I'm glad she was good for you. You haven't seen her temper tantrums yet." He laughed.

"Oh no! Oh, how is Dale doing?" I ask.

"He got his leg burnt pretty bad but he is doing ok. Good thing his girlfriend is a nurse." He said.

"Yeah, really that's scary though." I placed the last batch of cookies in the oven and went sit beside him while he finished eating.

"God that was good and I have never even eaten anything like that before." He laughed.

"I'm beat babe and ready for bed. How about you?" I ask him.

"I'm more than ready I'm exhausted," he said.

"Well damn! I guess next time." I wink at him and walk toward the bedroom.