52☀️🚒

When Remi called to say she was hurt my heart was beating so fast I could barely swallow

When Remi called to say she was hurt my heart was beating so fast I could barely swallow. I was worried about the baby but her mostly.

"Pete lets go. Remi fell and burnt her arm and Hunter is with her." I said grabbing gear and we rush out to the ambulance along with Josh.

"It's going to be ok Gray. I know it's your wife but let Josh tend to her wound ok?" Pete said.

"I get it I'm just nervous," I said blowing out a long breath as we pull up. I get out and head into the dining area and people looking around.

Joy held the door open for us and when I laid my eyes on her and saw Violet sitting beside her on the floor and Remi's head on top of Violets I about crumbled.

"Babe, how are you feeling?" I ask her as I squatted down.

"It's hurting a lot. I had Hunter put a wet rag around it." She said.

"Come on muffin we need to move out of the way so Josh can see Aunt Remi's booboo," I said.

"But Uncle Gray she needs me," Violet whined.

"You have to let her be checked first ok?" I tell her picking her up and putting her on a stool.

I watch Josh access my wife's arm carefully then he looks at me. "We need to take her in."

"Ok let's go then. Hunter you and a Joy watch over the place please?" I ask Hunter.

"You got it, Gray. Do we need to keep Violet?" He asked.

"No she will go with us and my brother can come to get her," I said.

We all walk into the dining room and out to the ambulance. "Violet, you can ride up front with Pete ok? I'm going to be in the back with Remi." I said

"Ok Uncle Gray!" She smiles and I buckled her in the front seat.

I rush back to be with Remi. Once the ambulance starts up I look at Josh. "Umm we weren't ready to tell anyone but Remi is pregnant and I want to make sure the baby is ok." I said looking at her.

"How far along?" He asked

"7-8 weeks maybe," I said.

"Yeah, that's about right," Remi said smiling at me.

I can't hold her hand because it's her bad one. I lean back and close my eyes and take my hat off and run my hand through my hair.

I pull out my phone to text Levi.

📱Hey Remi had an accident at work and we are at the hospital but I have Violet.

📱Oh, man is she ok?

📱Not sure she burnt her arm. We are just arriving at the hospital.

📱I'll be by soon.

📱Ok.

We pull up at the hospital and I jump out to get Violet and then we head inside following Remi.

"Uncle Gray is Aunt Remi going to be ok?" She asks with tears in her eyes.

"Oh, muffin I sure hope so. They will have to do some tests on her first."

We wait out in a hallway until we can go back into the cubical with Remi. Pete comes out and says we can go back.

Remi has her eyes shut and tears running out of them. I walk over to her and lean down and kiss her lips. "I love you Remi."

"I love you too Gray. They are going to have someone from the burn unit come down and check my arm. Then they will check me." She said.

I know she means the baby. I shake my head ok. "I texted Levi and he will be here shortly."

Violet walks over to the bed and touches Remi's good hand. "I love you, Aunt Remi." She said.

"I love you too sweet pea. Thank you for helping me bake today. I had fun until all of this." She said making a funny face.

"It's ok we will be baking again soon." She said then smiled when she looked up and saw her dad.

"Hey, guys!" Levi smiles and bends down to pick up Violet.

"Thanks for coming. Violet has been good but I didn't want her getting restless." I said.

"It's fine I'm just sorry you got hurt Remi." He said sitting down in the chair pulling Violet on his lap.

"I'm not sure what happened but I laid my arm on that pan I had just put cookies on the cooling rack and I slipped on something." She said.

"Daddy we made popcorn chocolate chip cookies and they were great." Violet giggles.

"Oh, I bet they were. Sounds good." He laughs and kisses the top of her head. "We are going to head out of here. Do I need to go by and make sure the shop is closed?" Levi asked.

"No, but thanks, Levi. Joy and Hunter know what to do and how to close." Remi said.

A person in a lab coat pulls the curtain back. "Hi, I'm here to check your wound." He said.

"We are going to go. Feel better Remi. Brother call if you guys need anything." Levi said getting Violet by the hand and out the curtain not wanting her to see anything.

"My name is Giles and this is going to be painful but I need to doctor your wound and then rewrap it." He said.

"Ok have at it. I usually have a high pain tolerance so maybe I won't scream too much." Remi said.

I walk over around to the other side and hold her hand. "Let's talk about the baby then. Get your mind off of what he is doing to your arm." I said.

"Congrats on the baby guys!" Giles said.

"Thank you! So what degree burn do I have?" She asked.

"Its second degree for sure. The thickness affects the epidermis and the dermis your lower layer of skin. That's what causes pain, redness, swelling, and blistering. We will need to change out these coverings for a while. But you can do that at home." Giles said.

"So that's something I can change for her if she can stand it?" I ask.

"Oh for sure Mr. Reece." He smiled.