18🍪

So we walk back hand in hand back up the beach until we reach our houses

So we walk back hand in hand back up the beach until we reach our houses. "You coming in for a bit so we can talk?" I ask him.

"Yeah of course." He said walking in the house behind me.

I walk over to the fridge and pull out some hamburger and reach for a package of noodles.

"Are you cooking?" Gray asked.

"Yeah I'm starving and I made homemade sauce earlier so this won't take long for our spaghetti," I said emptying the contain of noodles in a pot.

"Well, now I'm hungry. Anything I can do?" He asks.

"No it won't take long it will be done. Anyways we can talk over dinner," I said.

He walks around and get some plates and silverware and sets them at the bar with paper towels.

"Wine or beer?" I ask him.

"Beer of course. How about you? I'll get it. " He said.

"I'll take a beer too, please. This is done. I stir it up and place it on our plates.

"Damn this taste good Remi." He said moaning.

"I'm glad you like it... So let's talk business." I sigh.

"What did Irene say?" He asked.

"She said it would be like keeping it in the family and she would sell it to me for a hundred and fifty thousand as long as they could stay until they move. They have a place they have been looking at near her sister." I said.

"That's all she wants? I have that for sure we can do the deal tomorrow." he smiles.

"Gray that's a lot of money," I said.

"I know it is but I have it saved. Listen I'll pay her and you can pay me on all the profit you will be bringing in. Now, what name did you pick?" He asked.

"It was going to be Coffee grounds. But I'm thinking more like Cookie Grounds. That will be the main feature and coffee will just be there along with slushy drinks.

"I like the name. It suits the place. What did Levi say about doing the construction?" He asked.

"He said he could knock it out over a weekend," I said.

"I knew he would be willing to help out and fix it how you want." He said taking his plate to the dishwasher.

I joined him at the sink. "I have an idea for the playroom but I need Violets help," I said.

"What will that be?" He asked helping me put the leftovers away.

"I need her to draw me some things and I'm going to have it on the walls in there." I smile.

He turns around and wraps his arms around my waist. "Have I told you how incredible you are? Violet loves you so much and she's craved a woman's attention and she loves being with you." He said kissing me.

"I love her too she stole my heart at the tea party Gray. I really like spending time with her. As you can see I don't have any friends." I said.

We head over to the couch and sit down. "Why is that Remi? You are a likable person and I don't see why you don't have a best friend." He said.

"I did have a best friend but she betrayed me and that's partly why I left." I sighed.

"You know I'm going to ask what happened." He said.

"Ann was my best friend since third grade when she transferred from a different school. I thought we could tell each other everything but I was wrong. She knew Jonah was sleeping around on me and even knew the girl and she didn't tell me." I said.

"What the fuck? That's not a best friend! Why didn't she tell you?" He asked.

"She said well she didn't know how to tell me and that he seemed happy and the other girl was her friend," I said biting my lip trying not to cry.

"But she was your best friend! You should of came first over all of them." He said pulling me close.

"That's what I thought Gray but it broke our friendship and I dumped Jonah and my dad mentioned this house empty and even though I hated to leave my family and my job I just had to get away," I said.

"It was the best decision you ever made." He chuckled.

"I guess so because I met Violet." I giggle.

"Violet?" He chuckles and lunges for me and tickles my side.

"No! Please no! Gray! I'm very ticklish!" I laugh.

He dips his head in between my neck and shoulder and starts kissing and nibbling. He lets up on my side and I pull his lips to mine.

"I was just joking I'm very happy that I met you, Gray," I said.

"I wasn't looking for you and I'll admit when I saw you get out of that car I said oh no that leggy blonde looks like trouble. I just didn't realize what was coming for me." He said kissing me again.

"Admit it you love my cooking and was like ehh her looks isn't bad." I laugh.

"I thought your ass was incredible and I really wanted to get the change out of your top that day." He laughs.

"I was game to let you even though we had only just met," I said.

He sits back up beside me. "So how long had you been in that relationship?" He asked.

"Ummm almost three years and the last six months, I guess he was fooling around on me. I could tell he was acting differently but I thought he was tired or something and he came home late saying he was working on accounts. That was bullshit of course." I said.

"So how did you end it?" He asks.

"He came home late I waited up for him and asked how his date was and basically smacked his face, kicked him in the balls and told him to get out. Oh, his clothes were already in boxes by the back door." I said.

"Wow remind me not to get on your bad side." Gray laughed.

"He begged and pleaded for me to let him stay he didn't do anything until I showed him texts I made Ann send me. Told him to fuck off and go stay with someone else. Oh, also my dad saw him in town the next day and decked him." I smirked.

"Oh, your dad sounds badass." Gray laughed.

"Oh he's protective over me and Jonah tried to apologize but dad wouldn't hear of it. He's in the process of selling my place for me because I refused to let him stay there." I said.

"Don't blame you one bit." He said pulling me in for a kiss.