42🚒

I like her parents and I wish my mom was here to meet my beautiful wife

I like her parents and I wish my mom was here to meet my beautiful wife. I miss her now more than ever. Maybe later today I'll take Remi to the graveyard. She asked before wanting to take flowers.

We finish up our meal and head back to the house. I really need to move my clothes over here soon and some of my stuff.

Wyatt pulls me aside before they go and thanks me for loving his daughter. "It's my pleasure sir." I smile.

Her mom gives me a big hug and welcomes me to the family. "You guys drive safe!" I said wrapping Remi in my arms.

Once they left and we head back inside I wrap her in my arms and kiss her. "So I was thinking maybe we could take some flowers to the graveyard?"

"That would be nice Gray. Let's go buy her a big beautiful bunch of flowers." She smiles.

We pull up at the floral shop in town and I let Remi pick out the flowers she wants and we head to the graveyard.

We are both quiet on the drive but she reaches over for my hand and it makes me feel better. "I haven't been here in a while," I said.

"It's ok babe sometimes we just can't go to places like this and even though I don't know her or never will meet her I feel like I am getting a chance to meet her sort of. I hope she likes the flowers." She smiles.

"You didn't know this because I haven't told you but pink roses were always her favorite," I said.

"Oh really? I didn't know that but when I picked them up I had a cold chill on my arm and that made my decision." she smiled.

"Maybe she was with you already. Come on she's right over here."

"Alice Marie Reece
Beloved Wife and Mother" Remi read off and as she got down on her knees and cleaned the grave off.

I dumped out the old water and we put the new flowers in together. "Hey, mom! This is Remi, my wife. I got married yesterday and I wish you could of been there. Everything was beautiful." I said wiping my eyes.

"You raised a great man Alice and I'm thankful for him in my life," Remi said her voice quivering.

I wrap my arm around her and kiss the side of her face. "Thanks for coming here with me. It means a lot.

"I would do anything for you Gray you should know that." She smiles.

I grab her hand and begin to pull her away. "Come on wifey lets go home and stay in bed all day," I said winking at her.  "Oh sorry, mom!" I laugh.

"You are terrible Gray!" She giggles swinging my hand back to the truck.

We ride to cookie grounds to make sure they are doing ok and it appears they have enough cookies and the place is busy.

"Let's get a slushy and some cookies and walk down to the beach and sit," I said.

"Sounds perfect." She smiles at me as we wait for our things to be handed to us and then we walk down to the beach and sit in the sand side by side.

"I never thought this was in the cards for me. I never thought about girlfriends and marriage and stuff like that." I smile over at her.

"I did think about it maybe one day a husband and kids but I knew Jonah wasn't it. I guess I hadn't settled because I hadn't found you yet." She leans over and kisses my bicep.

"I'm glad we found each other. Violet did say you were pretty and that dryer brought us together." I laugh.

"I was so scared and of course I had no idea you were a fireman." She laughed.

We sit on the beach for a while and hold hands while finishing our slushy's. It's the most peaceful moment until a shadow lingers over us and I look up to find Brett.

"What's up Brett?" I ask.

"Just wanted to say congrats since you know you didn't invite me to the wedding." He said.

"Well it was just friends and family and you aren't either," I said.

"Ouch harsh! Just because I flirted with your girl one time? Did you think she would leave you at the alter?" Brett laughed.

"Fat chance buddy," Remi said.

"Man honeymooners are grouchy. I just wanted to say congrats." He said throwing up his hands and walking away.

"It's always something else with him. I don't trust him." I said watching him walk away.

"Don't worry about it babe I don't want that douche who thinks he's gods gift to women yuck." She shudders.

"You ready to head back to the house?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm going to cook us some stuffed peppers again, and then we can watch the game." She said.

I help her off the sand and we head back to the truck.  Once home she heads to the kitchen to cook us some food.

I walk up behind her and hug her and kiss her neck. "Can I help my lovely wife in the kitchen?"

"Yeah, you can if you want. Can you get the peppers out for me?" She asked.

"Sure then what?" I ask.

"Wash them real good and then I will show you how to cut them and take the insides out so we can stuff them." She smiled.

"If Levi smells them he will come running you know." I laughed.

"I figured as much. I thought maybe we could invite him and Violet over for dinner this evening." She smiled up at me.

"I'm sure he will appreciate it and Violet is probably lost without you, babe." I wrap my arm around her waist and kiss the side of her face.

Once the meat was done I helped her stuff the peppers and then I invited Levi and Violet over for dinner.  He was excited when he found out what she had made.