38🚒

The next morning we got up to shower together and went at it again

The next morning we got up to shower together and went at it again. I just can't get enough of her. I love her so much.

She's sitting on the end of the bed combing out her hair when I walk into the bedroom. "Well, he must have left because I don't see him outside anywhere."

"I'm glad he left and why would he come so late knocking on my door and how did he find me?" She asks.

"I'm not sure babe but he probably asked around and it's a small town people talk. You are doing so well with your cookies and people want to know." I said.

"I have a new cookie I'm making today." She smiled and her eyes lit up.

"What would that be?" I asked reaching her to hug her tight.

"Cherry cordial." She said in my neck.

"That sounds yummy. I may need to taste test." I chuckle.

"Let's head to the shop. Do you want to jog or drive?" I ask her.

"You going with me? Don't you work?" She asked.

"No I'm off today so I'm going with you." I smiled at her and kissed her lips.

"I'm glad I was nervous you know who would come back. But let's take your truck." She said.

We headed out to the truck when out of nowhere Jonah came running up to Remi.

"Remi! Wait! I've waited all night to talk to you again." He said out of breath.

"What do you want Jonah I said all I needed to say to you yesterday." She said.

"I just need another chance please Remi.?" He begged.

"No Jonah go back home and go back to one of the girls you cheated on me with I'm done. Even if I hadn't of moved or met Gray I still wouldn't be with you." She said raising her voice.

I walk over to her and walk with her to the truck. "We need to get the shop open," I said.

I help her in the truck and I walk back over to where Jonah is. "Look man we love each other and we are going to be together. You messed up and lost a great girl. You are causing her stress and if you ever loved her you will leave and let her be happy and if you don't I'll be forced to call the police." I said walking off to my truck.

Once in the truck, Remi is quiet. I reach over and hold her hand. "You ok babe?"

"I guess... I mean he makes me so mad but why come here and why put on a show Gray?"

"Because Remi he realizes he made a terrible mistake and you were the best thing that ever happened to him," I said looking over at her.

"I guess but he's making himself look stupid." She said.

"That don't make no difference to me. I got the girl and that's all that matters. Now let's get to the shop you have lots of cookies to make. I think Levi is going to bring Violet down in a bit." I said.

We get to the shop and Hunter and Joy are already inside cleaning things up getting ready to open.

"Morning Guys!" I said to them as we walked in. Remi smiled at them but went back to the kitchen area.

She quiet for a while and I have to turn this around. "So can I make a cookie of my own?" I ask.

"Of your own? What would be the flavor?" She smiles.

"Raspberry chocolate chip?" I said.

"Hmm doable you get started on that and I'll start on Kimmie's order." She said.

"Well, how do I start it?" I laugh.

"You are something else Gray! Here is some dough get it all rolled up and then we will add the chocolate and raspberries." She said getting her ingredients.

"Remi I'm here to help!" Violet calls out.

"We are in here come on I'm about to start the cookies for Kimmie! She will be here in an hour." She smiles at Violet.

"I need my apron and I'm ready." Violet smiles getting on a stool.

I watch Remi give Violet some of the ingredients and she gets started. If this six-year-old can do it then so can I.

I love the interaction that Remi has with Violet it melts my heart. I could see her teaching our kids someday.

"Gray, are you daydreaming? Because your dough doesn't look ready yet." She giggles.

"Yeah, I was but its almost ready," I smirk.

Remi and Violet's cookies were done and on the cooling rack by the time I got mine ready for the oven.

"Hey, Remi there is a lady here for her cookies," Hunter said.

"Thanks, I'll be right there with them," Remi said.

She let Violet help her put them in a cute pink box with a purple polka dot bow and she walked Violet out with two boxes to hand them off.

"She loved them, uncle Gray! She thanked me for being a baker." Violet grinned.

"She did huh? That's cool you can make cookies so well." I smile at her.

Remi walks back in and announces she thought of a new cookie. "Almond Joy cookie." She smiled.

"Oh man, I would love that. We want one right, Violet?" I laugh.

"For sure let me grab the ingredients and we all can make these." She smile.

I walk over and kiss the side of Violet's head and then kiss Remi's cheek. "I really enjoy baking with my two favorite girls," I said.

"Hey! Uncle Gray, I'm the only girl in this room. Remi is a woman." Violet giggles.

"Ok, I take that back then my favorite girl and woman." I laugh.

We whip up those cookies fast and get them on the cookie sheet and baking. Once they are done we put them on the cooling rack while I help Remi clean up.

We finally get to eat one and it was delicious as was my chocolate raspberry. By lunchtime, we have all the cookies made that need to be and decide to leave early.

I have plans to propose tonight.