8🍪

I step in the shower and smile

I step in the shower and smile. That was nice of Gray and Violet to help me close the store.

I finish washing my hair and step out of the shower throwing on my shorty pajamas.  I brush my wet hair out and put on some lotion and deodorant and perfume and head toward the kitchen.

I put some goulash in a bowl and heat it up and head toward the couch.

My phone rings

📞Hey Dad! what's up?

📞Hey, dumpling you watching the game?

📞I just turned it on. I had to work at the coffee shop today and haven't been home long.

📞How are Irene and ole Dub doing?

📞Not too good dad. Dub was sick today and couldn't help her and then she got tired and couldn't finish out the day so my neighbor and his niece helped me.

📞Is that so? A nice-looking young man?

📞Not going to lie he is. He and his niece and brother live next door and I've been spoiling them with my cooking. And Violet she's six and a cutie.

📞I'm glad you have made friends dumpling. Your momma says hey.

📞Tell her I miss her and well I miss you too. But I'm going to eat and watch this game. I love you.

📞I love you too dumpling. Bye now.

📞Bye, dad.

I take a couple of bites when there is a knock on my door.  I get up and look through the peephole and see it's Gray.

"Hey come in! what's up?" I ask.

"Hope I'm not bothering you but I wanted to bring all your bowls back." He smiled.

"You ate all the goulash?" I asked.

"No Levi did. I just got a bowl earlier." He laughs.

"Come in set down I'll get you some and we can watch the game," I said walking over to the fridge.  I bend down to get the container and stand back up and freeze at what I have on.

Shit! my shorts are short and I don't have a bra on. I turn around and Gray is looking at me and he smirks.

"So where is Violet?" I asked.

"She's in bed being read a story by Levi." He said walking over to the couch.

I spoon some goulash out in a bowl and put it in the microwave. "I should probably go change I'll be back," I said.

"You look fine Remi. Actually, I can't take my eyes off of you." He smirked.

"No wonder I'm half-naked. I don't even have a... You know what never mind." I said getting his food out of the microwave and heading to the couch.

I sit down and swig on my beer. "Thank's for helping me today. I really don't know how they are going to continue running the coffee shop," I said looking over at him.

"I feel the same way I mean it's a nice place to go and seems to have lots of traffic. Why don't you offer to buy it from them and then you can sell cookies and cupcakes and whatever else you want to." He said.

"That's not a half-bad idea. I could turn it into something I want without losing the customers from the beach. Thanks, Gray." I smile at him.

"Your welcome I mean the customers already know you and look how Violet loves the orange drink. It's not really kid-friendly and you see lots of kids on the beach." He said finishing up his goulash.

"Oh shit!" I jump up off the couch! "A touchdown! Yesss." I clap.

Gray chuckles. "You really like your football."

"Sorry but yeah I do. But your right wasn't much for Violet to choose from. I'm going to talk to Irene about it tomorrow and they can stay upstairs if they want." I said.

Gray walks back over and sits down. He put his bowl in the dishwasher. "I would talk to her and see what she says."

"Can I use your restroom?" I hate to walk home to pee." He chuckles.

"Of course first door on the right." I smiled looking back at the tv and tuck my feet under me.

When he walks back out he smiles and plops down beside me our arms touching. He didn't say anything just rubbed his hand on his legs. I look over at him and he looks nervous.

"Whats up Gray? You look nervous." I asked.

"Nah I'm good I like hanging out with you." He lays his head on the back of the couch and smiles at me.

"I like hanging out with you too Gray. I don't have any friends here. Or well I didn't until you and Violet. I don't really know Levi enough yet."

He takes the last sip of his beer and sits it on the table and sighs.

"Do you want another one? Mine is empty too." I said.

"Sure I'll take another if you don't mind." He said.

I stand up and have to basically walk through his legs to get by and he's watching my every move. I try to contain myself reaching in for two more beers.

I have goosebumps on my whole body and I feel a little wet at the way he looks at me and if he was to touch me I might just jump his bones.

I take a deep breath and walk back over to the couch and hand him a beer and as I hand it our fingers touch and I look up at him and he licks his lips and smiles.

I walk back through his legs and sit down beside him opening my beer and take a drink. It's quiet and I try to focus on the beer but the sexual tension between us is thick in the air.

"Did you see that kick?" He asked breaking the silence.

"Oh yeah, that was awesome huh?" I laughed.

"Were you ever paying attention because you didn't jump up and down." He laughed.

"Seriously no I didn't my mind was elsewhere," I said looking over at him.

I watch him set his beer on the table and look over at me. "Oh fuck it!" He said grabbing me and his lips were on mine.