59🍪

The next couple of months have flown by and my stomach is so big I'm ready to pop this baby out any minute

My actual due date is in two days but I'm hoping she comes today since its Gray's mom's birthday.  How awesome would that be?

Gray took this week off in case it happens but I have cookies to bake so he takes me to cookie grounds to make some cookies. Joy already has stuff laid out for me. She knows how to bake all my cookies now and even though she's young she's a sweetheart and I'm so glad I hired her.

She reminds me of myself when I first started working here as a teen. I was always so eager to please Irene.

I'm sitting on the stool pressing cookie dough singing to the radio when I get a sharp pain. I don't say anything but keep working.

Then it hits me again. I hold my breath for a second. "Joy can you go get Gray for me please?" I ask her.

"Sure I can do that." She bounces out of the room. As soon as she leaves I get another bad pain in my back and as I grip the table to stand up my water breaks.

"Hey babe what's up?" Gray said.

"My water just broke." I grab my stomach as another pain hits.

"Oh shit! Ok, we gotta you to the hospital momma." He grins at me.

Joy rushes back in. "Joy I'm sorry my water broke I have to go please run the store for me." I huff out.

"You got it please someone let me know when she gets here." She smiles

Gray leads me out the side door we had put in so we didn't always have to go through the dining room and today I'm glad about that.

He helps me in the truck and we take off down the road. He calls my mom to tell her what's going on and ask if she would let everyone else know.

"Gray give me the phone I need to call Violet I promised her I would," I said through gritted teeth.

"Are you sure babe?" He asked.

"I am please," I said reaching for the phone.

📞Hey bro what's up?

📞Levi, it's Remi can I speak to Violet its time.

📞Oh shit! Violet Remi wants you.

📞Aunt Remi, is it baby time?

📞It is Violet. Will you show your dad where I put the bag I want to bring?

📞Yep, I remember the pink and black one.

📞That's right! Now be a good girl and I'll cya soon ok?

📞I can't wait to hold Sierrah.

📞Me too! Ok, love you, Violet.

📞I love you too.

Once we get to the hospital it was a whirlwind and everything happened so fast they got me in a room and told me I was 5cm dilated and that it could take a while.

I silently prayed that Alice would be watching over us and that Sierrah could be born on her birthday.

Around 9 pm I received my epidural and things were progressing fast. Around 11:55 I pushed Sierrah Alice out screaming her lungs out. Weighing in at 6lbs 3oz.

I look at Gray who is staring at Sierrah's face

I look at Gray who is staring at Sierrah's face. "Welcome into the world baby girl."

They lay Sierrah on my chest and clean her up a bit while Gray cuts the cord before carrying her off to clean her up better.

"You did it babe you are amazing!" Gray smiles kissing my forehead.

"I couldn't of done it without you Gray. She was born on your moms birthday just like I prayed for." I sniff.

"You prayed for that Remi?" He asked me.

"Of course I did. I asked your mom to look over her and help her to be born today. We had five minutes to spare." I smile at him lacing our fingers today.

"Ok, mom and dad here is your bundle of joy! She's in perfect health." The nurse said handing her over to me.

I kiss her head and look up at Gray. He had tears in his eyes. "Babe she looks just like me." He laughs.

"You can't deny this face. I'm tired why don't you hold her and get some bonding time in. Make sure to call the parents!" She mumbles.

"Let's take a family photo and send it to everyone so they can see her." He said.

After taking the picture he sits down with Sierrah by the bed and I doze off to sleep. Everything is right in the world. I thank Alice for helping me and close my eyes to sleep.

The next time I wake up I see a couple of people in the room and I smile. I look around and see Violet and Levi and my mom and dad and Davis and Diane all smiling at Sierrah in Gray's arms.

"When did you all get here?" I yawn.

"Aunt Remi you're awake! Did you know Sierrah is here?" She smiles.

Everyone in the room laughs. "Yes I know she is here. Have you got to hold her yet?" I ask.

"No Uncle Gray is hogging her." She sighs.

Gray laughs. "I was waiting on Remi to wake up so you could hold Sierrah with her."

"Come on Violet get up here on the bed beside me and I'll help you to hold her ok?" I said.

"I have to hold her head Aunt Remi right?" She smiles.

"That's right you do!" I smile and lean over to kiss her head.

Gray walks over with Sierrah and kisses her head before he gently placed her in Violet's arms.

She puts her arm like I told her and holds her head up. Violet is smiling which makes us all smile.

"I'm your cousin and I help your mom make cookies and one day I'll help you make them too Sierrah." Violet smiles and kisses her head.

I smile down at her as Gray takes our picture.

"I love her Aunt Remi already." She said.

"You may change your mind when I ask you to change a diaper muffin." Gray laughs.