4🍪

The next day I decided to go for a run on the beach and then stop by the coffee shop and grab an iced coffee and then head back to the beach for a while

I was sitting on the beach watching the waves drinking my iced coffee when a shadow was standing over me and I looked up to a smiling Gray.

"Good morning Gray!" I said.

"Hey, Remi! What are you doing out here this morning?" He asked.

"I just came from a run and I stopped for an iced coffee and had to stop and sit in the sand to watch the water. It's so relaxing." I smiled at him.

He sits down beside me. "It really is. I need to get up early and run too. Maybe we can run together sometime." He said.

"Sounds good just let me know. Maybe we should swap numbers." I said handing him my phone.

He puts his number in and the texts me so I have his. "So umm Levi said thank you for the food. He plans to take it to work with him this morning."

"Oh, that's great! What does he do?" I ask.

"He owns a construction company and always busy. I was supposed to be off today to watch Violet but I have some training to do and I can't take her with me. He really needs to hire a babysitter." He said.

"I can watch her if you want. I mean I really don't mind. I was going to bake some cupcakes and she can help me." I said.

"Really? You wouldn't mind?" He asked.

"Of course not go ask Levi and I'll be right here." I smiled at him.

"You have no idea how much this means because he's tried to take her with him before and he's afraid she will get hurt." He said standing up and dusting the sand off.

"Just go ask." I laugh watching him run back to his house watching every move he makes. That man is all muscle and I would love to climb him. Shit! Remi don't think like that. This guy is just trying to be your friend.

I stare out at the sun and the waves crashing upon the beach when Gray walks back out with Levi.

"So you really don't mind watching Violet for me?" Levi asked.

"Of course not as I told Gray I was just going to make some cupcakes today and she can help me." I smiled up at him.

"Wow thank you so much, Remi. Oh and those peppers look yummy and I can't wait to eat them later for lunch." He said.

"You are more than welcome. When you guys get ready just bring her over or whatever I'm going to run to the store and grab some ingredients and I'll be back soon." I said.

"I have to be at work by 9 so I'll bring her over by 8:45 or get Gray too," Levi said thanking me again heading back to the house.

"I need to grab some stuff at the store want to join me?" Gray asked.

"You don't care that I'm sweaty and need to shower?" I laughed.

"Hell no, I don't care about that shit. Come on let's go." He said.

"Alright let me grab my wallet." I said standing up wiping the sand off of my butt and heading to the house."

Once in his truck, we head to a little supermarket close to our house. "Well if I would of knowing it was this close we could have ran." I laughed.

"Who wants to run with bags of groceries?" Gray chuckled.

"I gotta ask is your name Gray or is that a nickname or short for something?"

"My first name is Grayson but I've been called Gray by my dad as soon as I came out screaming." He laughs. "What about you is Remi short for something?"

"Unfortunately yes... Short for Remington. And yes my dad loves to hunt." I roll my eyes.

"It's cute." He smirks.

I smack his arm as we roll to a stop at the grocery store. "You want a buggy or a basket?" He asked.

"Buggy for sure," I said looking at my list on my phone.

"I just need to go up the cake aisle," I said.

"I need to get some drinks and bread and lunch meat." He said.

"Is that what you take to work to eat?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's quick and easy." He said.

As I was picking up some things an older lady walked up and aisle and spoke to him and he smiled.

"An admirer?" I laugh.

"Haha hardly! I saved her cat out of a tree last week." He said.

"Oh wow, a big ole fireman rescuing a little kitty melts my heart." I laugh.

"If I wasn't a polite gentleman I would slap your ass for that." He laughed.

"Ohh a hands-on fireman." I laugh and flirt right back with him as I grab some vanilla.

"You aren't going to get any frosting?" He asked.

"What?? I would never buy store-bought. I make my own." I said grabbing a bag of sugar.

"Oh, you aren't just making a box of cake mix for cupcakes. You are making everything from scratch?" He asked.

"Yup from scratch." I smile.

"Well, Violet is going to love you." He smiled.

We approached the register and a woman older than us smiled. "Hello, Grayson, who is this pretty gal you have with you?"

"Hi aunt Pam this here is my new neighbor this is Remi." He said.

"Nice to meet you Remi" Pam smiled.

"Nice to meet you too Pam." I smiled placing my items on the belt.

"She is watching Violet for us today and she loves to bake so they are going to be making some homemade cupcakes." He said.

"Well, I'm sure little Violet will love spending time with a woman." She smiles.

Once back out in the truck, Gray apologizes for his aunt. He explained it's his mom's sister and ever since his mom passed seven years ago to breast cancer his aunt was the closest thing to a mom they had and she was pretty nosey.

"Its ok Gray that just means she cares," I said smiling over at him as we pull into his driveway.