20🍪

Gray comes back over a few minutes later and brings Violet

Gray comes back over a few minutes later and brings Violet. "I told Levi that you guys will be at Irene's helping if he comes home early." He said.

"Ok great! We are going to make some cookies and then head that way. Be careful working today." I said getting on my tiptoes and kiss his lips.

"Bye Violet be good for Remi and make me some strawberry cookies." He winks at her.

"Ok Uncle Gray only if Remi wants to though." She shrugs from the couch.

We both laugh and I walk him out the door. "I will see you later this evening ok?" I ask.

"You bet as soon as I get off." He said kissing me again and running to his truck.

"Violet, you want to make some cookies before we go help, Irene?" I ask her.

"Yes!" She jumps up giggling.

"Ok go wash your hands and we will get started."

My phone starts ringing.

📞Hello?

📞Hey Dumpling what's going on?

📞Hey Daddy! About to make some cookies with Violet.

📞Ohh the little girl next door?

📞Yeah, wait she's washing her hands and you can meet her. How are you and mom?

📞We are good just missing you.

📞I miss you guys too dad! Oh here is Violet. Violet this is my dad you want to say hi?

📞Hi, Remi's dad.

📞Well, aren't you a cutie.

📞Thanks but I already know.

I can't help but laugh at her. I wipe her hair out of her eyes and laugh.

📞I'll let you get busy dumpling maybe we can talk later?

📞I'm going to be helping Irene clean out her place but I'll explain all of that later. Love you daddy.

📞Love you too dumpling! Bye Violet.

"So that's your dad? He seemed nice." Violet said.

"He is very nice. I miss him." I said.

"I miss my mom but she didn't want me." Violet shrugs.

"I wouldn't say that Violet. Maybe she just don't know what she wants yet or how to be a mother." I said.

"Maybe I don't know but I'm happy to have you in my life now and you make Uncle Gray happy." She smiled.

"You are too cute! Let's make some cookies and get to Irene's." I said getting out the ingredients.

A couple of hours later we are in my car heading to the coffee shop. I'm excited knowing this will be mine. I don't know how dad will take this because it means I'm not coming back to Alabama. But I just can't.

"Ok, are you ready to go inside?" I ask Violet unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Yes, I'm ready to help pack." She giggles holding the cookies.

We walk inside and see Irene behind the counter wiping things down. "Hey, pretty girls!" Irene smiles.

"We are here to help you, Irene." Violet giggles

"And we brought you and Dub some cookies that we made." I smile and hand them over.

"Thanks, dear I appreciate it and you know Dub has a sweet tooth." She smiles.

We head upstairs and Dub is in front of the tv in his recliner and Violet goes and hands him a couple of cookies.

My phone beeps.

📱Hey Remi how is it going?

📱It's going we just got here about to tackle this kitchen while Violet is feeding Dub cookies. haha 😆

📱lol alright good! Cya later. Preferably naked. 😉

📱That can be arranged. 😘

I slip my phone back in my pocket and start putting books in the box. An hour later I have all the books from the kitchen in boxes.

"Well dear, you did that fast!" Irene laughs.

"It wasn't hard. Is Violet still with Dub?" I ask.

"She's asleep on the couch. Let's take a break and have some lemonade and you tell me about your plans for this place.

I sit down and take a sip. "Well up here will be storage because I live to close to sleep here. But I plan to add on a kiddy room off the back. I want to sell fruity ice drinks with cookies maybe take the coffee away I'm not sure. But expand and call it Cookie Grounds." I smile.

"That sounds cute and your cookies will most definitely be a hit. Coffee on a beach is odd I know unless it's cold and I never could get into that but fruity drink sounds great." Irene smiles.

"Yeah, I'm thankful Levi is going to help me." I smile.

"That wife of his done him dirty and poor Violet." She whispers.

"I don't know much about any of that just that she left but Violet has been much happier with me around. I love that kid." I smile and finish my drink.

"I'm so excited to live in a real house. I will have to show you. Let me get my phone." Irene said.

"Do you want me to continue to pack up the kitchen?" I ask her as she hands me her phone.

"That will be great and I'll start on the bathroom." She said.

My phone beeps and so I pull it out of my pocket.

📱Come let us in. Levi is here too and we want to help.

📱Be right there!

"Irene the guys is here to help. I'm going to let them in."

"Ok dear great!" she smiled.

I walk downstairs and open the door. "Hey, guys! Shh Violet is asleep. But I'm packing up the kitchen and Irene is working on the bathroom." I said.

We head up the steps and Gray pinches me on the butt. "I'll help you." He winks.

In an hours time, we have the kitchen completely packed up and started in the living room. Dub kept Violet entertained and Levi helped Irene finish the bathroom and start on the bedroom. One more day of this and we will have them packed up.

I'm happy about that because I didn't want the hammering and stuff to annoy them.

"We got a lot done in one day." Gray wraps his arms around me and kisses my neck.

"We did. I'm hoping by tomorrow we will have it done and maybe can help take it over to their new place once they get it." I said wrapping the last what-knot.

" I said wrapping the last what-knot