34🍪

The next day goes smoothly

The next day goes smoothly. Joy and Hunter took care of the customers and Violet and I were up to our eyeballs making cookies all day.

We stop to take a break. I grab us a couple of cookies and slushy and we head outside to sit under a big umbrella.

"I always have so much fun with you Remi." Violet giggles

"It's because I'm the cookie fairy." I laugh.

As we sit and eat our cookies Kimmie walks up. "Hey, Kimmie! How's it going?" I ask her.

"Oh great! Just the person I was looking for." She smiles and sits down.

"Kimmie this is Violet! She's Gray's niece and helps make cookies." I smile.

"Nice to meet you, Violet," Kimmie said.

"So what can I help you with?" I ask her.

"Well I'm having a small luncheon for my mother and a few of her friends and I was wondering if you could make me about 40 cookies?" She asked.

"Sure when do you need them by?" I asked.

"Friday? I'm sorry such short notice." She frowned.

"It's no problem now I have this new oven I can make a lot at a time. How about I make it 50 and I'll have them ready by 9 am Friday morning." I said.

"Sounds good! You want me to pay now?" She asked.

"No, when you pick them up is fine. What flavors though?" I ask.

"How about a mix of strawberry and coconut?" She said.

"Violet, are you going to remember that? We have a cookie order for Friday morning." I smile at her.

"I will remember Remi." She giggled.

A couple of hours later we were finished for the day but I made some fresh cookies to take to the firehouse. Didn't have any leftovers today like four cookies and I gave them to Hunter.

After dropping Violet off to Levi I head to the station to see Gray. I pull up and grab the container of cookies and head to the side door. I knock and Pete lets me in.

"Hey there Remi! He's back in our room napping I think. Go on back." He said.

"Thanks, Pete." I smile at him walking back toward their room. I open the door slowly and walk-in closing it softly. I sit the cookies down and walk over to his bed and lean down and kiss his cheek.

"Pete you better not be fucking with me." He growls.

"I hope Pete doesn't kiss you." I giggle.

He rolls over and smiles when he sees me. "I wanted to bring you some cookies," I said.

"I'm glad you come by. I have been asleep a while I was so tired." He yawns.

"Well I don't want to bother you go back to sleep I'll just leave these cookies here. I made them fresh." I said.

"No lay with me." He wraps his hand around my waist pulling me down.

"What time do you get off?" I ask him.

"A long as a call doesn't come through eleven." He yawned again.

"Please babe go back to sleep I'll be waiting up for you. I'm going to go home and make something for dinner and I'll be up waiting for you." I said.

"Alright then. Give me a kiss and I'll see you in a few hours." He said leaning in for a kiss.

I kiss him a few times and slip out the door. "Pete I made fresh cookies if you want a few he's too sleepy to wake up," I said.

"Thanks, I may go get a few. Thanks, Remi." He said.

By the time I made it back home I was tired. I decided to make some breaded chicken with some fettuccine noodles with homemade sauce with some broccoli.

I pulled my hair up and changed my clothes and went back to the kitchen and laid out my ingredients. I had just put the chicken in the oven when there was a knock on the door.

I walk over and see Levi and Violet. "Hey, guys come in!" I said.

"Sorry to bother you Remi but I was wondering if you could make me up a couple of dozen cookies for tomorrow? I am going to feed my guys lunch." He said.

"What kind you need? I can get them going after I finish our dinner." I said.

Twelve strawberry and twelve double chocolate with nuts please!" He said.

"Alright, they will be ready by morning ok?" I said.

"I'm sorry I threw this on you last minute." He said.

"It's ok Levi. I think I'm going to start getting orders this way. Pete's wife wants 40 cookies on Friday." I said.

"Strawberry and Coconut Remi," Violet said.

"That's right Violet! Thank you for remembering." I smile at her.

"Ok, I gotta get this one in the bed. I'll cya in the morning." Levi said.

Violet runs over to hug me. "Nite Remi I love you."

"I love you too pretty girl." I kiss her cheek.

An hour later our food was done and I already had the dough made out and cut into cookie shapes and ready to go in the oven.

At 10:30 Gray walks in the door. "Hey, babe! I got off a little early. It smells good in here." He said.

"Good dinner is ready! breaded chicken with fettuccine and broccoli." I said.

"Smells good. But are you making cookies?" He asked.

"I am because your brother and Violet walked over and he asked for two dozen for tomorrow he wanted for his workers," I said.

"He waited till the last minute huh?" He laughed sitting at the bar.

"It's ok I don't mind. But Kimmie came to the shop today asked for 40 cookies for her mom's luncheon Friday so Violet and I have some work to do." I smile.

"That's a good idea babe make extra money that way." He said smiling at me.

"I lean over and kiss him before digging into my plate.