28🍪

I am in the middle of getting ready when Gray knocks on the door

I am in the middle of getting ready when Gray knocks on the door. "Hey there babe. Can I come in and shower?" He said.

"Of course I'm just getting ready. I'm almost done." I said walking back to the bedroom to find a nice dress and heels. Gray has never seen me dressed up so I think my red wrap-around dress should do the trick with black heels.

My hair is straight but I want to make sure it has no humpies so I straighten it a little and apply makeup and put on a little perfume before I add some diamond earrings and finally my dress.

I'm putting on my heels when Gray walks out. "Jesus you look hot. I'm glad you are my date tonight." He smiles at me.

"You haven't seen me dressed up so I thought I would clean up a bit." I laugh.

"How does this look?" He puts on a black dress shirt with a red tie and a nice pair of slacks.

"You look yummy enough to eat." I wink at him.

"Plus we match with the red tie and dress. Are you ready to go? I think Levi wanted us to walk over there." He said.

Walking in the door Violet is crying. "What's the matter, Violet?" I ask her.

"Daddy is hurting my head he can't fix my hair." She cries.

I walk over to her and sit down. "Come here and let me braid it like the other day would you like that?" I ask her.

"Yes please." She sniffs.

Levi gets up and goes into his room to get dressed. You can tell he was stressed. I braid her hair and go on and on how pretty her pink dress is.

"Thank you, Remi. You are a lifesaver because I can't braid hair and that's what she wanted." He said.

"You should of called or texted or walked over I don't mind to do anything to help with Violet you already know this," I said.

"I appreciate it. Some days are just hard and I stress out easily when I disappoint her." Levi sighed.

"It's fine I'm next door just walk over or something. Look how pretty she looks." I smile.

"Muffin you look beautiful like Remi." Gray smiles and winks at Violet.

"You guys ready to put on a united front? I have a feeling we may be on the front lines tonight." I said.

"Well I'm not happy but let's go and make the best of it." Gray sighs.

"Lets all ride together. What vehicle do you want to take?" I ask.

"My truck is fine," Gray said opening the door for us.

Ten minutes later we pull up to the restaurant that Gray's dad picked out. "We can do this," I said getting out.

Violet runs up beside me and grabs my hand. "Can I sit near you Remi?"

"Hopefully so we will try ok?" I smile at her and squeeze her hand.

We all walk in and spot our family right away in the back at a big table. Violet grabs my hand and holds it tight.

Our parents are on one side of the table so Gray takes the end seat and then me and the Violet and Levi just the way Violet wanted it.

"Glad you guys could make it." My dad said.

"Thanks, dad. I don't know if you got to meet Levi and Violet at the shop opening but this little girl loves to bake cookies with me." I smile down at her.

"That's because she teaches me a lot and I love her," Violet said.

"I love you too Violet." I kiss the top of her head.

"I'm glad you boys could come tonight. It means a lot to me and Diane." Davis said.

Gray mumbles and Levi just smiles. So I jump in. "Shall we order? I'm starved." I said opening the menu.

If I didn't make conversation no one seemed to talk. "So what did you guys think of cookie grounds?" I asked.

"Oh dumpling it will be a hit," Dad said smiling over at me.

"The strawberry cookies are daddy and uncle Grays favorites," Violet said.

"They are huh? I personally like the almond cookie." Davis said.

"Oh, I liked that peanut butter chocolate chip." Diane smiled.

"Thanks guys I appreciate it." I smile.

"Growing up Remi could always cook my mom taught her a lot. But her coconut cookie is my favorite." Mom said.

"I guess I should say my favorite cookie is the mint chocolate chip," Dad said.

"Oh Gray that oven came in we will drop it by in the morning for Remi. What time do you open?" Davis asked.

"We open at 8 am. Thanks, Davis!" I smile.

Violet leans her head over on me tired. I wrap my arm around her and pull her close.

"Her mother should be doing that Levi," Davis said.

"You think I don't know that dad?" Levi said.

"Ok come on not the time and place ears are impressionable," I said.

"Looks like this cutie has taken a liking to you dumpling." My dad said.

"Your dad calls you dumpling like Uncle Gray calls me muffin." Violet giggles.

"I know right? That's funny." I said to her kissing the top of her head.

I feel gray fidgeting in his seat and so I move my hand over to his leg and he smiles at me.

It's like we couldn't finish our food fast enough. Everything was so awkward.

"So Diane what do you do?" I asked her.

"I'm a seamstress. I stay busy making wedding dresses for people." She smiled.

"Oh wow, that's impressive. I can't sew anything! I know who to come to know if I need something." I smile at her.

"What do you do Levi?" My dad asked him.

"I own a construction company. I added that room in for Remi." He said.

"Oh yeah, she told me that I just forgot.  How about you Gray? How is it being a fireman?" He asked.

"I like it. I mean it's a job. Very different from being a Marine." He said.

Small idol chit chat happened for another hour until I spoke up that it was past Violets bedtime so we could get out of there.

Once back in the truck Gray thanked me for getting him out of there.