40🚒

One month later

One month later....

Things are coming together nicely. Remi's parents made it in last night. My dad and Diane are excited to even attend.

We decided on a beach wedding right here in front of our houses which is perfect. Then the reception will be at Cookie Grounds where Remi has cooked everything with Violet of course.

I am so nervous and I don't know why. I am marrying the love of my life and I'm so excited about what's to come.

Levi walks into my bedroom. "You ready to get married? I never thought I would say those words to you." He laughs.

"I know right? Yeah, I'm more than ready. I've been ready since I asked her to marry me."

"Well everything is set up on the beach to go and when I took Violet over to Remi's they were almost ready as well," Levi said.

There was a knock on the door.

"Hey chief, Pete come on in guys!" I smile at them.

"Are you ready to go, captain?" Pete said.

"I'm more than ready to get this show on the road." I smile rubbing my hands together.

"Let me text and see if they are ready," Levi said.

I walk over to the fridge and get a drink of water. I'm so thirsty I can't even swallow.

"Remi is ready so let's go," Levi said.

We all walk out and I take position at the front with Chief.

Remi's door opens and Violet comes running out and stops at the chairs and starts throwing out rose petals

Remi's door opens and Violet comes running out and stops at the chairs and starts throwing out rose petals. She looks so pretty in a light pink frilly dress.

She walks up front throwing rose petals down and she smiles up at me and tries to wink. I laughed and winked back at her.

Music started playing and I watch as my beautiful bride comes walking out in a beautiful white wedding dress. She looks so beautiful.

Her dad is smiling from ear to ear as he puts her hand in mine. "You look so beautiful" I smile at her.

Remi's eyes are teared up looking at me but smiling. The wedding went by in a blur and the next thing I know Chief is pronouncing us man and wife.

"Gray you may kiss your beautiful bride," Chief said.

I place my hands on both sides of her face and give her the deepest kiss that I can muster up and then dip her and kiss her again.

"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Grayson Reese," Chief said.

Everyone is clapping and smiling as I grasp Remi's hand and we run up through the sand

Everyone is clapping and smiling as I grasp Remi's hand and we run up through the sand. I grab her and kiss her again. "I love you so much, Mrs. Reese," I said.

"I'm going to have to get used to that." She smiles as I help her get into the truck so we can head down to Cookie Ground for the reception.

Once down at Cookie Ground everyone gathers round so we can cut our many layers of cookie cake.

Levi stands up and clears his throat. "I just want to say a few words if I could. I wish nothing but the best for this couple. The day Remi moved in I knew that once Gray saw her he would be a goner and I was right. Remi has a heart of gold and I'm so happy you are in our lives." He said.

"Daddy I want to say something," Violet said. Levi picked her up. "I just have to say I love Remi. She's my aunt now you know and she makes really good food and she helps me make cookies and she makes uncle Gray smile."  She giggles.

"We love you, Violet," Remi said smiling.

"Thanks, Levi for the kind words," I said.

"Well if people are saying something I have to say I've never seen my dumpling as happy as she is now and that's all thanks to you Gray but if you hurt her I own several guns." Wyatt laughs.

Davis stands up. "Son I'm proud of the man you have become. When you joined the military and now a firefighter but the most important job you will ever have is being a husband and father. We love you both and your mother would be proud son." He chokes out.

"Thank you all for the kind words. Now let's eat some cookie cake." Remi smiled.

I'm sure glad she said something because I was choked on my dad's kind words. I didn't know what to think of what he said.

We laughed and partied way into the evening with our friends and family. Holding my bride in my arms and dancing out on the sand is amazing. I never knew I could be so happy.

"I love you Remi and this day has been so great." I lean in and kiss her lips. She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me closer.

"I love you too Gray and today was perfect." She smiled and kissed me again.

"You ready to head home wife?" I smile at her.

"Let's make sure everything is covered and we can go." She said walking off to find Joy since she and Hunter are going to clean everything up and open tomorrow for her.

Once that was done we said goodbye to everyone and head back to her house. Turns out I'm moving in with her and Levi and Violet are going to continue to live in my house.

Once home I pick her up and carry her over the threshold kissing her the whole way. I let her down and she grabs my hand and pulls me into the bedroom.

"I can't wait to get this dress off of you," I said.

"What are you waiting for husband? I need you to make love to your wife." She smirks.

"Oh, I think I can handle that wife." I reach behind her and begin to unzip her dress and watch it fall to the floor and pool around her legs.

" I reach behind her and begin to unzip her dress and watch it fall to the floor and pool around her legs