25🚒

One month later

One month later...

I love seeing the look on Remi's face. The grand reopening is today and everything is how she wants it.

New chairs and table cloths with a beachy scene on them. Some colorful umbrellas outside with the tables. The kid's room she made with Violet in mind with her artwork on the walls in frames.

The display shelf is full of cookies and the slushy machine is ready to go. We did decide to keep the coffee in case people want ice coffee.

My friend Cooter comes through with the sign outside which Remi loved. We are now waiting to cut the ribbon in front of the store and her mom and dad are on their way.

I'm so nervous to meet them. Surprisingly along with Levi and Violet, Irene and Dub came. Including my dad and Diane and a few guys from the fire station like Chief and Pete and his Wife Kimmie.

"Before we cut the ribbon I just want to thank everyone for coming today! Many thanks to Gray I couldn't have done this without him and of course Violet and Levi as well." Remi smiles.

I help her to cut the ribbon and everyone starts piling in to get a cookie and a drink. Once things settle down Remi comes over to get me to introduce me to her parents.

"Mom, Dad this is Gray. Gray these are my parents. Ruth and Wyatt Stark." She smiles.

"Nice to meet you," Ruth said.

"Its good to finally meet you, Gray. You make my dumpling a happy girl. So thank you!" Wyatt said.

"It's my pleasure, sir. She makes me very happy." I smile as I wrap my arm around her.

I help her serve cookie after cookie and my mouth is watering. "I need a strawberry cookie." I laugh.

"I made you some babe they are at home." She said smiling at me.

"Ok, I'll try to wait." I smile over at her as Pete and Kimmie walk up.

"Guys this is great! I love these cookies." Pete laughs.

"Thanks, Pete but I can't take credit for that. It's all Remi." I smile.

"The slushy is great idea as well. That orange is my favorite." Kimmie said.

"I appreciate your business guys! I'll send some cookies over with Gray to the fire station sometime." Remi said to him.

"I can't wait and we won't be sharing. I'll be sure to tell the others if they want some to come buy some." Pete laughs.

Irene walks up smiling. "I love what you guys have done with the place. It don't even look recognizable."

"Thanks, Irene. I wanted it to be the same but different." Remi smiles.

"Well, those cookies are a hit. Dub is going to spend all of our retirement money on cookies." She laughed.

Violet comes running up. "Remi can I have another cookie please?"

"Of course you can but for a kiss." She giggled and bent down to hug Violet.

"She has you wrapped don't she?" I ask her.

"You know I never liked kids until I met Violet. I'm not sure what it is about her but I love that kid." Remi smiles.

"She's so happy with that room. Look at her in there like shes the boss. That kid looks a bit scared." I laugh.

"She looks to be having some type of party." Remi laughs.

Once everyone leaves we clean up and sit down to enjoy a slushy and a cookie. "Today was definitely a success. How much money did you make today?" I asked.

"We made seven hundred and sixty-four dollars." She smiled.

"Wow, that's great! I didn't have a clue but I know we almost sold all of the cookies." I said.

"I think I need to take the rest of the cookies home and make fresh for in the morning. I also need to hire a couple of people so I don't have to be here all the time." She said.

"There was a girl that came in earlier that asked if we were hiring and I gave her an application. She looked to be a teenager." I said.

"Oh, I hope she comes back. That's how I started and I would love to help someone else." She said getting up.

"You ready to go, babe?" I asked her.

"Let me grab those cookies and I'm ready." She said.

We jump in the truck and head back to her house to make more cookies.

"I think we need to get you a commercial oven for the shop so you can make cookies while you are there after you get help," I said.

"You are probably right. I really hope Violet had fun today." She smiled.

"I'm going to text Levi. It's not too late Violet may want to come help." I said.

"Sounds good." She smiles.

📱We just made it home. Remi is making cookies if you guys want to come over.

📱We will be right there. She said yes to helping lol.

"They are on their way over," I said unlocking the door.

"Are you ok with the dinner plans with my parents and your dad and Diane tomorrow evening?" She asks.

"I guess so. Think it would be ok to invite Levi and Violet?" I ask.

"I don't see why not." She shrugged.

By 9 pm we had a couple hundred cookies made and poor Violet was falling asleep. "It's been fun but we gotta go guys. Cya tomorrow." Levi said.

"Nite bro!" I said holding the door open for him while he carries Violet down the steps.

"I think we cookied her out Gray." Remi laughed.

After we cleaned up we got in bed and snuggled and made out some
but we were so tired we couldn't continue but I know in the morning she will give in before I head to work.

My phone wakes me up at 7:30 saying something had happened and Dale had got hurt on the job and I had to get going.

I jump out of bed and throw some clothes on. "Remi I gotta go Dale got hurt and I'm being called in," I said leaning over her to kiss her goodbye.

"Ok be careful and call me later." She said.

"I will love you, babe," I said running out the door. Once in the truck, I realized what I said.

 Once in the truck, I realized what I said